Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Bills

Ana01312
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi everyone, 

There has been more than 1 month that I left Australia. In January (when I was still there), I made sure to call and contact Vodafone to cancel my account. I talked with one of the staff member and told him that I would be leaving AU in February and that I would like to pay whatever I needed to. After a long conversation of me making sure that everything was settled and that it was a certainty that my account would be cancelled after January... Imagine my surprise when I received one email bill last month. I thought it was a mistake and decided to see if they would send me this month, and gues what! They did! P.s: I did not receive an email confirming my cancellation AS THE STAFF PROMESSED ME IT WOULD. I hope that vodafone solve this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Ana01312

I cant speak for how Vodafone in Australia accept account cancellations. 

This is the Vodafone Community Forum for Vodafone U.K and is not connected to other networks who use the Vodafone Brand name. 

You will need to contact Vodafone Australia Customer Services @Ana01312

In the UK a person needs to give Vodafone UK 30 days notice near to their contract end date as possible (prior notice before 30 days isn't accepted) to cancel if they dont wish to move their mobile number to another Uk Network and then Vodafone UK collect the final bill in approximately 2 weeks via Direct Debit and then send a Sorry your Leaving letter and a £0 bill that confirms cancellation. 

That or if a person wishes to move their number to another Uk Network then they use a Pac as close to the contract end date as possible which auto cancels the contract straight away. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Ana01312

I cant speak for how Vodafone in Australia accept account cancellations. 

This is the Vodafone Community Forum for Vodafone U.K and is not connected to other networks who use the Vodafone Brand name. 

You will need to contact Vodafone Australia Customer Services @Ana01312

In the UK a person needs to give Vodafone UK 30 days notice near to their contract end date as possible (prior notice before 30 days isn't accepted) to cancel if they dont wish to move their mobile number to another Uk Network and then Vodafone UK collect the final bill in approximately 2 weeks via Direct Debit and then send a Sorry your Leaving letter and a £0 bill that confirms cancellation. 

That or if a person wishes to move their number to another Uk Network then they use a Pac as close to the contract end date as possible which auto cancels the contract straight away. 

Current Phone  >

Thank you for answering. I will try to contact them right away

BandOfBrothers

You are very welcome @Ana01312

I'm sure they'll help you. 

Any communication you have had with their Customer Service should have been documented on your Account Notes. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >