Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Black Friday upgrade billing is wrong

Bluewaves1602
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I’ve got an upgrade through the Vodafone site for a pay monthly contact £39 with a 10% discount. My bill for the upgraded contact says it is 69 ponds instead. I have an email from Vodafone with confirmation of my deal.  Went to customer services and after an hour the agent offered me discount to 39 pounds per month plus a refund to cover the 10percent discount over the course of the 24 month contract. However I have nothing in writing about this correction. Nor did I get an explanation of why my bill did not contain the price I was emailed for the Black Friday deal.  How do i get written confirmation of the fix? Agent said she would email but nothing has arrived.

16 REPLIES 16

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Bluewaves1602

I can very well understand your doubt and need something to confirm the deal to reassure you. 

My understanding is that because Vodafone cannot reduce the original tariff amount on your bill / contract they apply any discount at the bottom of the bill when it's been created. 

Can you check your email spam box as the Vodafone email may have dropped into there. 

If not then the agent should have updated your account notes to show what has been agreed upon. 

You could ring 191 and ask them to confirm via email again. 

If you opt to use Live Chat then ensure you ask for a copy of the chat transcript before ending the chat session. 

Please come back here to the forum if you run into any difficulties and I'm sure the Vodafone Social Media Teams here then will look at assisting you. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Bluewaves1602

The first thing to do is to log into your online account and check the My Vodafone application, both will give information on your monthly line rental with the discount.

When your bill has been produced for this month, any credit will show on the following months bill.  When you have received this bill and have something to go on and it is still incorrect, you will be able to raise this with Customer Services or come back to the forum and the forum team will be able to investigate the charges.

My bill in incorrect in the vodafone application. That is why i have posted here.

I spent an hour on the phone yesterday. The advisor told me that she would apply the discount correctly but the bill is still incorrect. I asked for her to email or text to confirm what she had done.  This has not been sent. I have checked my junk folder. I am curre ntly trying to use chat but am informed that the queue is long. I don't have time to spend another hour on the phone.

I haven't done anything wrong. This is Vodafone's mistake which isn't being corrected. I don't want credit on next months bill. I want my bill to be correct now and I do not want to pay vodafone the incorrect amount. 

Bills already produced never change. If incorrect, then adjustments are made in form of Credit on the Next Bill.

On the My Vodafone App what is the Current Charges showing? That is what should show correctly if the Agent has made the change.

And to add, the Agent most probably has raised a credit so you probably would not have to pay anything this month.

If you logon to your Online Account, it will show you the due amount and the due date. If that is showing as 0 then you will not be charged anything this month.

Once again a bill that is Produced never changes. If they were to reissue it then what is stopping you submitting both bills on your Tax Filing or Claiming VAT? To avoid this Fraud, Bills once issued are never revised. 

The online amount has already decreased by 6 pounds due to the advisor removing a charge from my old contract  i didn't want to continue with.

However, the discount for the new line rental has still not been applied to the total amount outstanding. That is why i am so concerned. It takes a very long time to get through on the phone. I can't even get through to the online chat queue.

I don't have an hour in my evening to go through all this again on the phone, with no guarantee that the discount will be correctly applied in time for the bill. 

Should i raise a complaint with vodafone.

As i said, i have done nothing wrong here, so not sure why there is a patronising tone  in the response above about bills. 

I would hope that this matter can be sorted out appropriately, so i pay the amount that my contract offer from vodafone told me i would pay. 

I'm not that interested in how the discount is applied or what sales advisors have to do to manipulate the total outstanding.

My expectation is that what is the agreed cost Vodafone emailed me when i took out the contract would appear correctly on my first bill. I don't think its appropriate for a company to charge too much money, and verbally say that it's ok you will get it back as credit. 

Thank you.

Sayin the agent has probably made the change is not useful.

I've read several times already now (in a way that is patronising) that the bill cannot change.  i understand that. 

The amount outstanding is still incorrect so i have no reassurance from anyone at vodafone that i am going to be charged correctly,. With the information i have in writing so far, i have no indication at all, that i will pay the amount that i signed up for when Vodafone take money from my account. The outstanding balance (i do not mean the bill) has still not been corrected. 

I repeat again, i have doen nothing wrong. vodafone has not corrected their mistake in the amount outstanding they propose i should pay. 

I have not been able to get into the queue for online chat because it says it is exceptionally busy. How can this be resolved so i am guaranteed and assured that i will not be overcharged. 

@Bluewaves1602 - I’m sorry to hear you’ve had this experience. We can take a look at your account and bill from here. Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

You have not sent a private message

:Sad_face: 

:Worried_Face: