Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Black Friday upgrade billing is wrong

Bluewaves1602
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I’ve got an upgrade through the Vodafone site for a pay monthly contact £39 with a 10% discount. My bill for the upgraded contact says it is 69 ponds instead. I have an email from Vodafone with confirmation of my deal.  Went to customer services and after an hour the agent offered me discount to 39 pounds per month plus a refund to cover the 10percent discount over the course of the 24 month contract. However I have nothing in writing about this correction. Nor did I get an explanation of why my bill did not contain the price I was emailed for the Black Friday deal.  How do i get written confirmation of the fix? Agent said she would email but nothing has arrived.

16 REPLIES 16

I have not received any private message about this - is there a reason why?

:Worried_Face::Sad_face:

Stating a fact is not at all Patronising.

That is problem with written posts. You don't know the tone of the writer. You as a reader will read it in the way your mood is at the time.

I don't work for Vodafone so cannot see your account to give you Full details of the situation. However due to my experience, I can give you an idea of what is happening.

The Forum team have asked you to get in touch and they will confirm what is going on.

Repeating the same fact several times is patronising, and comes across as lecturing. From your post...

"Bills already produced never change." ...."Once again a bill that is Produced never changes." " Bills once issued are never revised."

Vodafone has made a mistake with my bill. I don't need a lecture about why bills can't be changed. It isn't useful. 

However, i hope you can take my feedback on your posting style as helpful.

• I had an issue with my upgrade that the estimated charges were wrong. Are you sure the actual bill you are looking at is the new bill and not the older bill.  But I contacted Vodafone before the new bill was created so it is now correct. Also it can be better contacting online and getting a copy of the transcript. 

I’m completely sure the charges are wrong.

i raised a complaint with Vodafone, customer relations phoned me back and it’s finally been sorted. They apologized for their mistake and adjusted  the credit that would be applied to my account to correct Vodafone’s mistake. They also confirmed this in a text. 

My problem had been that Vodafone had incorrectly billed me for my Black Friday deal and then when I spent an hour on the phone with an advisor on Sunday night, she hadn’t applied the credit correctly to my count.

im not happy that I had to raise a complaint to get it sorted. It was impossible to contact an advisor on chat due to the large number of people using it, I never actually made it to a queue.  It took too long on the phone when I spoke to the original advisor. Vodafone need to put a better process on board for dealing with their customers when they try to contact them.

Sounds like the same problem I had.  The only difference was i caught it before it was billed.  They also said it was a mistake but I had to spend a lot of time sorting it and had the stress of it as well

:Worried_Face::Worried_Face::Worried_Face:

It's not great, is it? Sorry you also had the problem. Vodafone don't seem to have a good reputation for dealing with customer issues. They make mistakes and then make it difficult for you to get it sorted. 

Good luck with your contract!