main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

Black Friday upgrade delays, but no information

ukdragon
3: Seeker

I purchased a Black Friday deal and received an email with delivery date, and the usual contractual emails. I have received no further communication, and my order is sat as "Confirmed", and the delivery date has passed.

Is there a widespread delay in issuing upgrade phones (I've ordered a Samsung), if so, why haven't customers been kept informed?

View more options
13 REPLIES 13
DAMIENMCAVOY
2: Seeker

I'm in the same boat. IPhone 12 ordered on black friday. Order tracker states "confirmed" which I understand to mean they have the device but its not been given to DPD yet. I called yesterday and was told it should be dispatched by Friday but they didn't want to promise that - which is fair enough. 6 days later it still says "confirmed" and I am paying the old tariff not the new one. 

View more options
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Hey @ukdragon and @DAMIENMCAVOY - I'm really sorry to hear about the wait getting your new phones. Black Friday has caused some delays and we're trying our best to get everything sent out as quickly as we can! 

If and when you're ready to chase up your order, you can get in touch via Facebook, or contact us on Twitter. You can find more information on doing this here

Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

View more options
MooreTheGreat

Having same issue, ordered Saturday and quoted 1-2 working days delivery. Through Live chat Tues was told another 1-2 days, then again today 1-2 days.

He gave me link to track order and I explained that 'Order Confirmed' doesn't explain what is going on.

He then mentioned delays caused by Black Friday have added 1-2 days on delivery estimates.

That IS helpful, why dont you put that on the screen when I click to check my order.

View more options
DAMIENMCAVOY

Phone just arrived!

View more options
ukdragon

It's madness, I spoke to someone today, who told me that there is now a 2-3 week delay.  THEN, I get home and there's an email saying my phone is coming tomorrow (3rd), but my order still says "confirmed"

View more options
STUDSKI

Both my son and I are in the same boat. We ordered an I phone 13 and a Samsung 21. Neither have turned up , both have said more delays. First message after a few days was wait a further three days. Now today asking to wait a further four days minimum. Our discounts etc have now ended and we are paying a lot more for the service we have. So we are now paying ove 100 per month until sorted

View more options
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @STUDSKI we're doing everything we can to get your order to you asap. DPD will contact you by email or text once your order is on its way. You can also check updates at http://vodafone.co.uk/track-my-order and we really apologise for our delays.

View more options
goals

Yeah I still have zero update apart from a text saying there a delay with giving zero timeframes of when I should expect my upgrade which was due for delivery on the 30th November. 

What even more fun is the phone I upgraded to wasn't even on a Black Friday deal so I really don't understand what the deal really is unless vodafone are out of stock on every phone....

Communication is the key here and vodaphone have been very very poor at keeping its customer informed. 

View more options
toeknee66

Would be nice to actually talk to someone, i was told last week  i would have my upgrade 12 pro Max at the weekend. Nothing arrived and then i get a text saying not contact Customer Service as they can’t help. Still showing as Order confirmed. Customers Should be advised if there are supply issues when ordering/upgrading. Come on guys, Always had good service from you, up until now. 

View more options
STUDSKI

It's mad because some of the links for help don't even work. So completely at Vodafone mercy. Latest was an email stating contact will be in a further four days and may have an idea of when phone sent out.... But emphasis on the "may"

View more options
STUDSKI

Latest poor update is my son and I have to wait a further ten working days before Vodafone will let us know if they possibly maybe could perhaps have our phones?!?!

View more options
toeknee66

Well after posting on FB & Twitter today, i've just received an email this evening, telling me my phone should be with me tomorrow and DPD will text me time slot tomorrow !!!!!      Lets see if it arrives 

View more options
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have been waiting for my iphone for 1 month now, I ordered on 11th November. multiple advisors have lied giving me incorrect delivery dates when my phone was never dispatched. My phone is now for 2 weeks queued for dispatch and no movement. Today someone told me it is again out of stock. So they have probably sent the stock which was ready to dispatch for my order to someone else, this is insane. Have spoken to literally every agent and manager possible and no help whatsoever. I have asked to cancel and they refused to do so when it is specified I have the right to withdraw 

View more options