Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blacklisted phone/IMEI

Brokenpancreas
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, 

So I received a text on 1st Feb 2019 stating that my phone will be blacklisted because I owe £68 which I am going to pay when I can (financial difficulties) I contacted vodafone via live chat, as I have General Anxiety Disorder and making phone calls causes me great distress, the guys on the live chat seemed to be very understanding and reassured me that the phone would not be blacklisted, and gave me the bank details so that I could set up a standing order to pay vodafone weekly. However, today my handset has been blacklisted, I have tried live chatting again but having no luck, is anyone able to help me on here please, as this is really affecting me mentally :Sad_face:

Thank you in advance 

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Brokenpancreas

Vodafone don't usually IMEI blacklist a phone just because there is money owing on the account, blacklisting is only for lost or stolen property.

However, if you are behind with your payments and owe money, it's more than likely there is an outgoing restriction on your number until the account is up to date, something Vodafone are quite entitled to do, this means you will still be able to receive calls and texts.

Unfortunately, whilst there is a payment plan in progress, it is doubtful the restriction will be removed until the bill is settled, this is the same for anyone and any other network would treat you the same.  However, it does no harm explaining the circumstances and this is where live chat comes in again, they will be able to see if it is possible anything can be done.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Brokenpancreas -  I’m sorry to hear the situation you’re in. We don’t want to make you feel like this. We’ll need to take a look at your account to check what’s going on. I’ve sent you a private message. Please follow the steps from there with how to send us your details.

Thank you. I have messaged.