Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Block IMEI of stolen phone

MickyG
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

Hoping someone from the Community team can help me here....

I had a Note8 stolen some time ago and I've bene going round in circles trying to get the IMEI blacklisted/blocked. My first port of call was Vodafone chat who eventually told me they couldn't help as I'd bought the phone directly from Samsung - their suggestion was to contact Samsung directly. I duly spoke to Samsung, who were no help whatsoever.

My question is - was the original Vodafone agent correct in saying they can't help? I have the IMEI number, a receipt + police crime reference. Does Vodafone really not care about blocking stolen phones unless they were purchased directly from them?

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @MickyG

I can't believe that Vodafone Customer Services are so incompetent and persist giving out this  incorrect advise and information to customers who need a phone IMEI blocked to complete an insurance claim or stop a thief enjoying what could be stolen property.

Providing the last SIM used in the phone was on the Vodafone network, there is no excuse for Customer Services refusing to block the phone and Customer Services should be more than aware of the procedure.

There have been plenty of previous threads on the forum regarding this and it was supposed to have been fed back to Customer Services and this should have stopped further incorrect support being given to customers.  @Alex or one of the Team will be replying to the thread as soon as possible.

Thanks for the prompt reply! Hope to hear from Alex soon..

BandOfBrothers

Maybe Look at what you can do in the way of locking the phone via Find My Mobile Samsung @MickyG

Customer Service on 191 or Live Chat can access your account to help to imei bar the phone as Samsung cannot bar phones.

They may not have fully understood what was needed and as such another agent more informed should be able to help via 191.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Find my mobile didn't work and tbh, I generally find if chat is no use the first time around, going back for more is guaranteed to result in an even more frustrating experience the second time around!

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MickyG - We want to help and get the IMEI blocked. Please get in touch with us via the private message @Jenny sent. Once you’ve done this, it’ll troute through to my teams email inbox.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@MickyG I’m sorry you’ve had problems blocking the IMEI of your stolen phone.

So we can help get this sorted, please follow the steps in the private message I’ve sent to you.