Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blocking IMEI , phone from 3rd party

billiskill
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I Have lost my phone, however I am having trouble blocking my IMEI for the purpose of insurance. I purchased my phone through a third party (mobiles.co.uk) which I understand adds to complications.  I contacted Vodafone by phone to get proof of blocking but I haven't received an email.  My insurer said if blocking isn't possible I will require written proof, where can I get this.?  contacting vodafone via phone call seems to be getting nowhere!

Thanks in advance. Bill

8 REPLIES 8

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @billiskill 

Providing you were using a Vodafone SIM in the phone at the time of loss, Vodafone will be able to IMEI block the phone to enable you to complete your insurance claim.

Unfortunately,  Customer Services are not adequately trained and still think the phone has to be purchased direct through Vodafone for the IMEI to be blocked.  Fortunately, the Team here are aware of the process and will reply to this thread as soon as possible.

BandOfBrothers

For balance it's some of the agents that can get a little muddled up especially if they are from an outsourced callcentre @billiskill 

They can apply an imei bar.

How-do-I-get-a-proof-of-purchase-usage-or-barring.

You could speak to the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook or Twitter.

My apologies at having to send you elsewhere to engage with Vodafone UK as I appreciate you came here , signed up and created a post to reach out for help but the Team here can no longer help with Account based issues.

But it's the same Social Media Teams here that help and assist via Facebook and Twitter.

The Social Media links I've provided are the Official links that the Vodafone Forum Team here would provide you once they caught up and have read your thread.

Things have changed as they have decided that help and assistance with account based issues would be best supported that way.

I appreciate not everyone wants to use Social Media however it takes but a few moments to create a Twitter or Facebook account and then can be forgotten if necessary. Just a thought.

Please remember to include the link to your forum post, along with your username.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your help, 

I have been trying for days to try and resolve this. I have been on Facebook messenger talking to somone who has not helped at all. I have described my issue as much as I can.  :Sad_face: they promised a email to show my IMEI was barred. all i got was proof the phone number was barred. the IMEI still isnt barred.

BandOfBrothers

As tounappear to have exhausted the routes open to you perhaps the next step to consider is the  Complaints Procedure which is a shame really as Vodafone Customer services should have been able to resolve this for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @billiskill 

I am sure this is just a misunderstanding, the forum team will pick up the mistake and make sure you receive the correct information requested to enable you to complete your insurance claim.

Give them a short time to get back to the thread.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@billiskill - I'm sorry this isn't resolved still! Please let us know your Facebook username. 

Hi

Fb username is https://m.me/billiskill

Thanks, Bill

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks @billiskill - please pop back to us with the details we requested and we'll be happy to pick your query back up with you on Facebook.