main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

Blocking an IMEI Issue

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi all!

I lost my handset on a Monday and I called Vodafone to block the IMEI and although it appears to show as blocked when I call and ask, it isn’t actually blocked and my insurance company have been telling me it’s still active!!

I got my phone via Carphone Warehouse and we’ve established that because I alternated with two different devices for the same SIM card, the alternate device has been paired with my number and they blocked that device rather than the one that was lost!! The issue now is that Vodafone can’t see a record of the lost device being connected to their network and so I’m kind of in limbo!

Does any one have any suggestions or advice possibly please?

Thanks

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
17: Community Champion

If you've used both devices on the network then it should show in regards to the phones imei.

Let the team here catch up with your thread and they'll bring you in away from the open forum to pass security checks and I'm sure the will try and help @Damndaniel 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

I'm sorry for the confusion over blocking the IMEI of your lost phone @Damndaniel. As @BandOfBrothers advised we'll need to pass security with you before we can look into this. So we can do this securely, please follow the instructions in this private message and we'll be in touch to get everything sorted 😊

View more options