Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blocking an IMEI Issue

Damndaniel
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all!

I lost my handset on a Monday and I called Vodafone to block the IMEI and although it appears to show as blocked when I call and ask, it isn’t actually blocked and my insurance company have been telling me it’s still active!!

I got my phone via Carphone Warehouse and we’ve established that because I alternated with two different devices for the same SIM card, the alternate device has been paired with my number and they blocked that device rather than the one that was lost!! The issue now is that Vodafone can’t see a record of the lost device being connected to their network and so I’m kind of in limbo!

Does any one have any suggestions or advice possibly please?

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If you've used both devices on the network then it should show in regards to the phones imei.

Let the team here catch up with your thread and they'll bring you in away from the open forum to pass security checks and I'm sure the will try and help @Damndaniel 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I'm sorry for the confusion over blocking the IMEI of your lost phone @Damndaniel. As @BandOfBrothers advised we'll need to pass security with you before we can look into this. So we can do this securely, please follow the instructions in this private message and we'll be in touch to get everything sorted 😊

Please could you help me as I have exactly the same issue? My insurance company will not pay out until my IMEI number is blocked.

I called and visited Carphone Warehouse where I purchased the phone. - no go.

Called Apple Care - no go.

Called and visited Vodafone Customer services and complaints dept several times - no go.

All I want is for my stolen IPhone XR to be IMEI blocked!

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @MikeBMWEaton, you'll need a stolen bar applying to your phone and it blacklisting as quickly as possible. 

One of our team will be happy to access your account and take a closer look into this for you. Find out how to get in touch here.

Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

already done that did you not read my message? I NEED THE IMEI BLOCKING!!!

The sim has already been cancelled and changed..

The insurance won't pay out until VODAFONE block the IMEI

@MikeBMWEaton,

Don't let go of them on this matter, whatever the twits on the phone may tell you . If your lost phone was used on the Vodafone network then it IS Vodafone's responsibility to block it, nobody else's. 

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We'll still need you to contact us on like provided earlier @MikeBMWEaton please. Then we can look into this with you.