Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broken Account - Credit File

areeb123
1: Seeker

Hi All,

I'm having trouble sorting out a real mess with Vodafone, hoping someone on here can assist.

Starting with some context, I have been a Vodafone pay monthly customer for a number of years and was a business customer before that. During December 17, I took out a Vodafone contract from Carphone Warehouse which I was told was an upgrade to my existing line and not a new line (I specifically asked them). It turns out it was new line under a completely new Vodafone account number rather than just an upgrade.

I called Vodafone realising what had happened and given that I had not activated the sim card on the new line they said there would be nothing to pay and the new account had been closed. The new line was disconnected, and I cancelled my direct debit from my bank. As Carphone Warehouse had actually created a new Vodafone account, I also now have 2 separate entries in my credit report from Vodafone. 1 for my actual account and 1 for this new account opened in error. 

Months passed and the new erroneous Vodafone account still had not dropped off my credit report (no default recorded but existed as an active account on my credit file). I called Vodafone during March 18 to ask what had happened. Vodafone said that I was owed money back from Vodafone for roughly £10 but because I had cancelled the direct debit there was no easy way for them to give this £10 to me. At this point, this £10 was prohibiting the full closure of this account and given that I should not be entitled to £10 back, they offered to just write off the £10 back to me and fully close the account. 

Fast forward to today, I have just spoken to Vodafone customer service as the new erroneous account is still showing up as active on my credit file. They have advised me that it appears as a broken account and a £10 credit is showing up on my account. The customer service woman said that means I owe Vodafone £10 but pretty sure she got this the wrong way round. Additionally, she asked me what a credit file is so not 100% sure she understood my issue. Supposedly, she had her colleague email the Credit File team but when she discussed this with me, it didn’t fill with me confidence that my issue will be sorted out.

Would anybody be able to assist? Apologies for the long message, this is turning into a real 7 month mare. My normal account with my actual phone line on it is absolutely fine so I want to make sure it doesn’t get tinkered with.

Thanks,

Areeb

1 REPLY 1

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@areeb123 Thanks for flagging this with us Areeb, we'd really like to get to the bottom of what happened for you and ensure that your credit file query is resolved.

So we can do this, please follow the details I've provided in the private message that will appear in your inbox shortly. A member of our dedicated team will then be in touch to help as soon as possible.