Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Call\data bars

adam1968uk
4: Newbie

Hi guys,

Hopefully someone can help. When accessing my account, there are little switches to toggle off or on data bars, call bars, content restrictions, everything to do with your account. I'm sure you are well aware of these. The trouble I have is that none of these work. I toggle the switch, it says I will receive a text or email to confirm but I get nothing and nothing changes. I have spoken to customer services but they just follow the script and nothing gets done. I can't do anything with my account. Do Vodafone look at these posts, could they contact me if possible or does anyone else know if this problem could be fixed.

Thanks

Adam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ok, so i tried everything. My last resort was to make a complaint. I filled in the form and waited. I got an email back, then a few hours later I got a call. I explained my problem, he said he would turn off my content bar, but i explained that it wasn't the bar per se, but the fact i couldn't do anything, including the bars, with my account. He said he would do it, I wasn't holding out much hope. Then a while later I got a text, the text i've never recieved, that my content bar had been removed. I went onto my account, tried the data cap ’switch’, and it blooming worked. I'd lost my wifi calling on my phone, been told to turn it off in my account, then turn it back on, restart phone and it should work. Well up to now i couldn't do the switch. Did it, only blooming worked. 

So all seems great at the moment. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @adam1968uk how long are you waiting after toggling the switches? I have thought they haven't worked before for me but after leaving it a while they have kicked in. I have toggled them in the past then checked very soon after and it looked like they hadn't worked.

redpages

Mine have always been a bit hit and miss while using My Vodafone / online billing, although upon checking them today they seem to be functioning normally.

In your position I'd be expecting customer services to do more to help me. When I've had problems with 'My Vodafone' in the past if the advisor wasn't able to solve it right away they'd at least escalate it. In one instance they deleted my account and allowed me to re-register which fixed a problem.

I'd say hang fire and a Vodafone representative should be on this thread with instructions of how to get in touch. 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

I've waited on different occasions, hours, days and even weeks. Nothing happens.

I've just noticed that this is on the pay as you go section and should be in the pay monthly section. Sorry guys, can this be moved?

JohnJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@adam1968uk Sorry to hear that you're having this difficulty, have you tried clearing your cache and cookies in your web browser?

Please make sure that your pop up blocker isn't preventing any pop ups that maybe related to the action your trying to do in My Vodafone.

If you've tried this and it has'nt fixed the issue, I'd advise you to try an alternative Web browser i.e Google Chrome or Firefox.

I'd also like to mention that if you're on a very old price plan, then some of the new features in My Vodafone maybe restricted due to them not being included in the new plans. If this is the case then renewing your plan would fix this.

Please let us know how you get on, we're here for you :Thumbs_Up:

I've downloaded Microsoft edge, so I'll give that a go. I've tried chrome before but that didn't work. I've used several browsers on my laptop as well, to no avail.

hrym

I've given up using My Vodafone on the website due to 2FA and use the app instead now.   You can find the bars (somewhat bizarrely) in the Extras section.   When I change them, it takes an hour or to to take effect and I receive a text when it's happened.  Can you try that?   If it still doesn't work, there would appear to be an account issue, so post back here and the forum team will be able to help you.

ok, so i tried everything. My last resort was to make a complaint. I filled in the form and waited. I got an email back, then a few hours later I got a call. I explained my problem, he said he would turn off my content bar, but i explained that it wasn't the bar per se, but the fact i couldn't do anything, including the bars, with my account. He said he would do it, I wasn't holding out much hope. Then a while later I got a text, the text i've never recieved, that my content bar had been removed. I went onto my account, tried the data cap ’switch’, and it blooming worked. I'd lost my wifi calling on my phone, been told to turn it off in my account, then turn it back on, restart phone and it should work. Well up to now i couldn't do the switch. Did it, only blooming worked. 

So all seems great at the moment. Thanks for your help.