cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can I move to PAYG? And when can I do it?

goldust
4: Newbie

Hi,

I've been with Vodafone for many years (15 plus) but my employer provides me with a phone which is also with Vodafone.

I don't want to carry 2 phones round any more and the employer covers my bills fully so it's an easy way for me to save money.

My contract ends on 27th November but I really don't want to lose my old number and I'm thinking of porting it to PAYG so that I can at least keep it active and maybe use it again in the future if I ever leave my currently employer.  So my questions are:

• Can I move to PAYG from contract Vodafone?
  • When can I do this in relation to my contract end date?

Many thanks!

1 REPLY 1

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @goldust

If you are prepared to pay the early termination charges up to when your contract ends, you can cancel the agreement at any time, you can easily work out the cost for cancelling early by taking your monthly line rental at the full cost before any discounts, take off 2% and since you won't be receiving a service, there is no VAT to pay.  

Otherwise, with contracts being subject to 30 days notice, just give your notice 30 days before the end of your contract.  The number will take 30 days to transfer to PAYG after that it's remembering to keep the number active on PAYG with some chargeable activity.  When the number moves you will receive two further bills, as soon as you have the final bill with a 0.00 balance you will know you have no further responsibility towards the contract and payments.  

As you don't want to carry two phones around a workaround would be to set up a divert from your personal phone to your work phone, at least that way any incoming calls will go straight to your work number.  If you move to PAYG, you will only be able to divert calls to voicemail.