cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can I upgrade/renew my SIM contract online?

mcarlin
4: Newbie

Last year I moved to a SIM-only plan because I bought a Pixel 2. It works for me so I'm going to stick with it.

I know that I could keep the plan the same and continue paying what I'm paying, but when you sign with a Red Entertainment package you only get a 12-month subscription of whatever and make you pay extra to keep using it. So rather than pay an extra £10/mo to keep to keep using Spotify, I want to just sign up for a new Red Entertainment package and get another "free" 12-month subscription.

I know I can do this in-store (I've done it with phone upgrades in the past), but I was just wondering if going through the online checkout process will allow me to buy a new plan without faffing around with PAC codes or SIM swaps etc? Is the Vodafone checkout process intelligent enough to know that I'm just "renewing" my plan?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @mcarlin

You can certainly upgrade through your online account and the My Vodafone Application.

However, I would recommend giving Vodafone a call, the loyalty discount is excellent when speaking to an advisor, they wil go out of their way to please the customer and you will get the best advise and an amazing deal.

Cool, thanks. Would I be able to achieve the same 'deal' in store or do is it only possible by calling? There's a Vodafone store like 5 minutes down the high street from where I work, so I can pop in any time tomorrow for example.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @mcarlin

Yes upgrade in a store if that's more convenient and if it's the right time for you needing a new phone then with that route there's no having to wait in for delivery of the phone too if you opted to "Upgrade" to a full contract. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @mcarlin

To answer your reply and question.

You can certainly upgrade in a store but you won't get the same fantastic deal as you would by contacting Vodafone.  If you are at the end of your contract, this will put you in a good position for negotiating a good deal to renew your SIM only contract and you will probably find the advisor recommending a deal at an unbeatable price.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mcarlin Did you get your upgrade sorted? 👀 If so, please do share what plan you went for 😊

I'm in the same position as you, I have an iPhone X on a SIM only plan with Red Entertainment, my Spotify Premium is due to run out in January so I'm looking to 'upgrade' to a different plan - mainly just to get another 12 months of entertainment! 😋

Now is a great time to upgrade as we've just brought out Global Roaming Plus, which means you can use your home plan in 77 destinations – more than any other UK network ✈️