cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can Vodafone Spotify be used whilst Roaming abroad?

Jim_Bob_Beers
4: Newbie

Good evening all,

Trying to get to the bottom of this. The Vodafone website lists two contradictory answers to my question. 

If if I want to use my Spotify premium (which I got through my Red Entertainment Pack) whilst roaming abroad, will it work?

The Vodafone website on one page says yes this is completely fine, whilst on another page it says it will not work cause the entertainment pack freebies only work whilst in the UK.

Can anyone shed any light?

Im going Germany this weekend and want to make sure I can stream!

5 REPLIES 5

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

Hi If your on premium you should be able to turn it offline in the settings in the app.

And then it says you have 29 days before you need to go online.

So if you have downloaded your playlists you should be able to play your tunes.

As for streaming whilst out of the country I don't think it's possible as Spotify has to identify its free and premium users.

Your best bet is to check the Spotify community or contact them through the app.

Even if you send an email and you have a few days before you go you should get a reply

Getafix
16: Advanced member

There is no restriction to where you can use Spotify.

I have used it in Kenya and USA regularly over WiFi.

And once in USA while using roaming data as well.

HNow, as suggested by SKYMAN513, I would download the play list and then listen to it offline.

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I used it in Australia last year without any issues.

You would likely need to be in theUK to set it up but once the account is linked you should be free to use as you wish.

@Getafix this might help with downloading playlists https://support.spotify.com/uk/using_spotify/search_play/listen-offline/

Getafix

@

:smileyvery-happy:, I know how to download it.

Post corrected. :smileywink:

donnyguy

edit: hadn’t realised this was a super old post. You can delete this reply :Smiling: