cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can anyone delete my "My Vodafone" Account to solve it being permanently locked?

cswin1980
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello all,

About 6 months ago I was locked out of my Vodaphone account for entering the wrong password.

I tried a password reset via the logon page but it did not unlock the account.

So far I have been through multiple departments at Vodafone. Telephone support, web chat and customer service, even retentions and at each stage I’m told my password has been reset and I need to wait a few hours then try again. Each time it is still locked.

Most recently someone from retentions requested a “CRM Cleanse” of my details. I was told to wait a few days for it to be done manually then all would be well.

Still no access.

I have read on various forums that deleting the customer’s MyVodafone account and allowing them to re-register will work but nobody I call can do this.

What makes this all worse is that I cannot finish setting up my Apple Watch Cellular without logging in so I’m paying £5 a month for nothing.

Can anyone put me in touch with someone who has the power to delete my account so I can register from scratch?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Vodafone wont delete a Vodafone account for accounting purposes but you could speak with the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries to see if they can help @cswin1980 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers

Vodafone wont delete a Vodafone account for accounting purposes but you could speak with the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries to see if they can help @cswin1980 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

I would certainly recommend that route.   A long time ago, I did a change of ownership (business to personal) and Customer Services deleted the associated My Vodafone account so that I could set it up again.

Thanks for that. I have been going through troubleshooting with Alice on the Facebook team today and she has submitted my account for a reset.

I need to wait 48hrs and then I can set up as a new account which should hopefully allow my Apple Watch to also get it's data plan.

Thanks for all the help!

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

In the First instance, I would recommend that you are ask for the your logon details be reset.

If that does not work, then as a last resort, ask then to setup a new Account and transfer your line to the New account. Once they do that, just use a new username and create new online profile.

I had a similar issue and gave the then Forum team 20 months to sort it out. Eventually the Customer Relation setup a Brand New account and transferred all lines to that new account. Then just registered this new Account online with a Different username. So if normal reset does not solve it the a New account will definitely resolve it.