Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can someone in the E-Forum team help?

simax
14: Advanced member

Me again. Sorry!

After my port issue was resolved earlier today and my main number is now on Vodafone I now have a new issue!

I’ve had a 30 day plan running for 10 months or so and “upgraded” it 4 days ago to a new 30 day plan with a higher allowance. I was advised that this would not affect my eligibility to upgrade. The upgrade was done, and quite rightly, the upgrade option was still there.

Fast forward to today and now I have a new number (well, the number I ported!), it’s now telling me not only that I can’t upgrade for 3 months, I can’t add a new line, nor can I add a monthly data plan for my Apple Watch! All these options were available to me before I ported my number!!!! I spoke to someone online and they suggested the fix was to take out a new line! This isn’t the resolve I was expecting and surely it can’t be as much of a ball ache as that?!? Can someone please reach out to me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

simax

Gentleman finally rang back which I’m glad about. Solution was to cancel the upgrade and just do a plan migration (which was what I wanted anyway! Lol). All sorted.

So anyone on a 30 day sim plan who wants to change tariff, you need to ask for a tariff migration. Any mention of the word “upgrade” should not be entertained. Happy days....

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @simax 

Unfortunately the Vodafone Social Media Teams cannot help with Account issues via your post here on the forum.

You would need to reach out to them via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

I'd suggest to use Twitter and link back to your thread here including your forum username. Facebook is an option too or ring 191 or use Live Chat.  

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

simax

I’ve messaged them via Facebook Messenger as I don’t have Twitter anymore and the Live Chat was no help when I queried it with them (they were the ones who told me just to take out a new contract to fix).

Thanks.

simax

Well, even though the Facebook Messenger for Vodafone states “Typically replies within minutes”, I’m still waiting for a response 17 hours later.

Rang 191 earlier today and was promised a callback within 30 minutes. That’s not happened either.

Very disappointing.

simax

Gentleman finally rang back which I’m glad about. Solution was to cancel the upgrade and just do a plan migration (which was what I wanted anyway! Lol). All sorted.

So anyone on a 30 day sim plan who wants to change tariff, you need to ask for a tariff migration. Any mention of the word “upgrade” should not be entertained. Happy days....

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

What a nightmare @simax! Glad it's all resolved now though and you've been able to complete that migration 😊 

If you need anything else, don't hesitate to contact us - Enjoy the rest of your week!