Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can’t afford contract and Vodaphone no help

Adnav
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Absolutely disgusted with Vodaphone. After being a customer for over 15 years and never missing a payment, I am suddenly unemployed and asked for help in extending my contact to reduce payments and pay over a longer period. Vodaphone said they  can't help and my only option is cancel the contract and still have £300+ to pay. I have been a loyal customer but receive nothing back. Will be moving to another provider when my contract ends and will be encouraging others to do the same. 

3 REPLIES 3

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I'm not sure any of the other networks will do that much either.

Vodafone do have a help page here though which may be of use.

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Adnav 

You can't extend the contract, you have to keep to the agreement,

If you are going to cancel the contract, I always consider a change of ownership where possible a good alternative to a very trustworthy friend or relative.  If this is something to be considered, please see here:  Transferring your number and agreement 

The other alternative to buy you some time but best avoided due to being reported on credit file is a six month payment plan.  This may result if an outgoing restriction on the number but better than not paying anything.

@AnnS wrote:

Hi @Adnav 

You can't extend the contract, you have to keep to the agreement,

If you are going to cancel the contract, I always consider a change of ownership where possible a good alternative to a very trustworthy friend or relative.  If this is something to be considered, please see here:  Transferring your number and agreement 8 ball pool

The other alternative to buy you some time but best avoided due to being reported on credit file is a six month payment plan.  This may result if an outgoing restriction on the number but better than not paying anything.

Thanks very much. It was very helpful.