Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't buy an iPad online...

donnyguy
16: Advanced member

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

So I wanted to look into buying a new iPad from Vodafone (as I want the model with the sim card in). So went and took a look on the site and saw the prices, it then told me to sign in to get an existing customer discount. When I did so, I hit an error page.

Same if I log into my account and then click offers. The error page says "We're working on recommendations for you".

Now who would I approach about getting this fixed? Ideally not too quickly as I could really do with going off the idea before I commit to an additional line for 24 months! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

donnyguy

Just to answer my own question here, it is an absolute nightmare to cancel an order with Vodafone. Last night the department was closed (as I called after 20:00 - fair enough).

This morning, called 191

IVR: "Please tell us why you're calling us?"

Me: "To cancel an order"

So we do the additional steps and I'm transferred to an agent. I explain that I'm calling to cancel an iPad order. He was like "I can't do that, I have to transfer you to returns". I said "there's nothing to return, the order isn't live, you have no stock'.

Without even looking, he transfers me to agent 2.

I explain again to agent two, who just says "right" and then I hear music again whilst I'm cold transferred to agent 3. I ask agent 3 if she's the returns department. She says no. 

I end the call there... as much as I love being messed around I'm done.

So I get the number from www.vodafone.co.uk/complaints and call them.

Agent confirms that my order isn't open, she can cancel it there and then also applies a goodwill gesture for the customer experience I just recieved.

So all great, but come on Vodafone. Such simple requests shouldn't turn into this. Also, wouldn't you have expected one of the three agents at least to attempt a save? Not that I was looking for one. But other customers who were just having a wobble might have been convinced to stick with the order if someone had just spoken to them in the right way.

Anyway, order cancelled, one off charges being refunded, goodwill gesture added.

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @donnyguy

I'm sure due to your experience you've already cleared browser cache and cookies etc.

If this was happening to me I'd consider using customer service by phone or Live Chat to complete the process before I get hit with buyers remorse !  :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hey!

You're not wrong. I've done all that and even signed in with my parents profile for their account and their offers work fine so it's definitely my profile playing up.

I'm also looking at the Apple Watch as well so am not going to call in or find a way around this. If it doesn't get fixed then I'll take it as a sign that I shouldn't be getting carried away on the website :Cry_Laughing:

Get thee behind me Satan!

BandOfBrothers

Hi

Both excellent devices :Smiling:

You only live once so my outlook is enjoy what it has to bring  :Smiling:

They do say Apple is the Dark Side..... lol  

Current Phone  >

I have a new question but as it's linked in with this thread, thought I'd write it here.

So I still have a broken profile meaning I can't see offers. 

Today I was back on the 'let's buy an iPad' idea and decided to see what Vodafone could offer rather than buy the iPad outright.

First course of action was to attempt to do a live chat to see what was on offer. The agent was quite pushy and tried to convince me that an offer worse that was on the website was a special deal that must be taken up during the chat. I ended the chat and gave some feedback.

Later (as I was on a long drive), I decided to call in to see if I'd get a better experience. After a long chat, I was talked into a deal which seemed great. Albeit the upfront charge changed after I agreed to the deal and once payment was taken, the "it'll be with you in two to three days" has turned into an email saying "we'll email you with an update in two to three days".

So as a result of this, I've reflected and feel that based on the experience today, I'm not overly keen on committing for another two years.

So my question now is... how easy is it going to be to cancel this order? As nothing is in stock yet, will they be able to cancel the order and refund the £150 I just paid up front? Or am I going to have to wait for this iPad to come into stock, be sent to be, send it back and then be refunded?

My thoughts now are that I'll order through Apple.

donnyguy

Just to answer my own question here, it is an absolute nightmare to cancel an order with Vodafone. Last night the department was closed (as I called after 20:00 - fair enough).

This morning, called 191

IVR: "Please tell us why you're calling us?"

Me: "To cancel an order"

So we do the additional steps and I'm transferred to an agent. I explain that I'm calling to cancel an iPad order. He was like "I can't do that, I have to transfer you to returns". I said "there's nothing to return, the order isn't live, you have no stock'.

Without even looking, he transfers me to agent 2.

I explain again to agent two, who just says "right" and then I hear music again whilst I'm cold transferred to agent 3. I ask agent 3 if she's the returns department. She says no. 

I end the call there... as much as I love being messed around I'm done.

So I get the number from www.vodafone.co.uk/complaints and call them.

Agent confirms that my order isn't open, she can cancel it there and then also applies a goodwill gesture for the customer experience I just recieved.

So all great, but come on Vodafone. Such simple requests shouldn't turn into this. Also, wouldn't you have expected one of the three agents at least to attempt a save? Not that I was looking for one. But other customers who were just having a wobble might have been convinced to stick with the order if someone had just spoken to them in the right way.

Anyway, order cancelled, one off charges being refunded, goodwill gesture added.

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @donnyguy I'm sorry to see it's taken you so long to cancel the order that you placed. I'm glad to see that it's now resolved and you've received goodwill for the trouble. 

donnyguy

Thanks Adam.

Not a great experience to be honest but could have been a lot worse. Now just waiting to see if the refund appears in my account for the upfront payment I made.

BandOfBrothers

Thank you for updating your thread @donnyguy

Not the best resolution but I can see why you went down this route.

Are you still going to want the iPad then ?

Current Phone  >

Hey BandOfBrothers,

I ended up ordering the iPad from Apple last night so all good. 

To be fair, after doing the sums. The Vodafone deal was not bad (adding together the up front cost, the monthly rental then deducting the cost of the iPad) but it was the fact the agent deliberately gave misleading information to get the sale that drove the cancellation.

But they're bonused on sales, I get why it happens.