Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't get NUC code

malcymalc221
1: Seeker

I have had a contract phone with Vodafone for about 6 years. 

I have filled in two online forms to get it unlocked - and received email confirmation each time.

The I get a text saying I have not had 3 paid bills with them yet!!! 

I have called support 6 times and each time they say a supervisor will sort it out as there is a glitch.  Each time they say they will call me back - but they don't call or text ever!

I havee tried on 15 occasions to get live chat - this service is a waste of time as it is NEVER available.

There is no way to email or online contact them - do I have to send a letter to complain??

This must be the most useless company in the UK - customer service is not just appalling it in non-existent.

Vodafone - I just want a NUC code - that should be nice and simple - so what's the problem???

25 REPLIES 25

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @malcymalc221

It should be a seamless experience I agree but if there systems are flagging your account with this issue then it’s going to need the Nuc Department to resolve this I think. 

They are not customer facing so you cannot ring them but they do have an email address which is available via customer service on 191 or if you clear your browser cookies and cache or try another browser to try again with Live Chat. 

The other options is to pick up a Vodafone Payg SIM card and use it in the phone to make calls etc for 30 days then use those new details to request the unlock again. Something you shouldn’t have to do but it’s a viable alternative. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the reply.

I still don't have an unlock code - they sent me one that didn't work!  no response from Vodafone except their NUC dept emailed to say that the original NUC code they sent is the wrong one!!!  I told them that as it didn't work -  points for stating the bloomin obvious!

I have emailed them several times but all I get is automated responses - obviously no-one can read there.

Live chat is a sick joke - I have tried more than 20 times to get on - it is never available.

Calling the usual number just gets to drones who have no idea.  I even emailed the so-called CEO Nick Jeffery - got a response from an underling that got me nowhere - does anyone at Vodafone have a clue or even give a darn about customers?  I have no doubt this CEO is drawing a huge salary with benefits but he can't organize the proverbial.  Any third world country would be ashamed to own a service like this - how can this CEO draw a salary and look himself in the mirror?  He should be thoroughly ashamed of himself and of all who work there.

There is NO customer service - and the only criterion for employment at this joke of a company seems to be that you must be as incompetent as possible and totally unable to help customers.  Oh and total ignorance of mobile phones is also desirable.  Where do they get these people?

I am now paying for TWO mobile contracts - I have to keep Vodafoen on to communicate but my new SIm card from Tesco is just sitting there waiting!

JohnJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@malcymalc221 I’m sorry to hear that you’re having some trouble retrieving a Network Unlock Code.

I've sent you a pri vate message with details on how to get in touch.

I have terminated my Vodafone number and moved on to another network. While I got my PAC code and succesfully ported my number to the new provider, I just can't get a NUC for my device- iPhone7. I bought the iPhone7 directly from Apple 2yrs back, but had the vodafone number for atleast 5yrs. So ideally my phone should have never be locked.

In any case, upon first NUC request (after porting my number over) I was told I haven't used my SIM for more than 30days - which is incorrect as I have used this for the last 2yrs on this very phone itself. When I emailed this information back, I got another email asking me to fill out the NUC request form again!

I am at a loss how to progress further on, just seems it is SO DIFFICULT to leave Vodafone. I now am without a phone for days, and have no sight of how this will be resolved.

Anyone able to provide any pointers ?

Thanks

Tsathoggua
14: Advanced member

This is weird - if you bought the phone direct from Apple it should never have locked in the first place.  If it is in fact locked,  what is Apple's explanation ?  

Called Apple. They categorically mentioned they DON’T lock any phones. Also pointed me to the fact written very clearly on their website. Makes sense, as it doesn’t make sense for them to lock to one network when they want to sell to any body.

Tsathoggua

So what happens if you put your new SIM into the phone ?

I get this message

Tsathoggua

Um.. .I think the forum software may strip attachments ?  I can see a paperclip but nothing seems to be attached .