Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can’t make calls but data and texting ok

petetobin
4: Newbie

I have spent 4 hours today on chat and phone to Vodafone with no results.  I am on Global Roaming Plus and I am in South Africa which is a roam free country.  Data and texts work fine but I can’t make any UK or local calls.   It’s not a hardware issue as I have tried the sim in two phones as well as reseting my carrier settings,  The calls are being definitely blocked by Vodafone but no one can find where.  I cheap getting random messages about Spend Manager even though it is disabled and the calls I am making are meant to be free.  Two things may have caused this an expensive genuine call I made to the UAE and I believe my contract renewal date is 20/02 so I am thinking Fraud Block or a screw up on contract rollover.  Any Ideas? 

12 REPLIES 12

Twitter team can't help but I will try this route as well.

After 4 weeks and hours and hours of wasted time, I am still unable to dial any international numbers (as detailed in my previous posts).  So I have decided to go straight to the top and I have emailed Nick Jeffery.  I hear he's a good bloke so I will report back on progress.  

I am now with the Directors Complaints team which means at least I get a consistent case handler.  The guy told me there was a fraud block on my account but didn't explain why and when it was applied.  He had it removed but after 24 hours the phone still isn't working and he says it may not right itself until I come back to the UK (where I know the phone works).  Frankly I am far from convinced.