Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't register number to My Vodafone account

stooch
2: Seeker

Hi all

I've contacted 191 three times, and each time they've unfortunately failed to resolve my problem - so I hope you can help!  I have two related issues:

1 a) Registering for My Vodafone

• I go to Login > Register > Type in my mobile number > Enter security code.
  • I then see a screen where I am asked to "Verify" my account.  (enter my first name, surname, then confirm my PIN or memorable word)
  • Note at this point - I do not yet have a PIN or Memorable word, as I have not yet successfully set up an account.  However I have tried all my usual ones just in case, and since also tried the ones discussed with 191 support.
  • I then click "Verify your account" - this naturally fails, and I receive an error saying:
    Sorry, there seems to be a problem This number has already been registered. - [2a1]
  • Screenshot attached for info

1 b) 191 support method also not working

• To help with the above problem, Vodafone have tried several things (reseting passwords, account cleansing etc) none of which have worked.
  • Most recently, they set me up with a new username.  I am hesitant to do this (see problem 2 below), but for the sake of time decided to go with it.
  • I was instructed to download the My Vodafone app, and register via the app using the new username and temporary password that was emailed to me.
  • When I try this, My Vodafone tells me the new username doesnt exist!  I have double checked, it is exactly the same as in the email received from Vodafone.
  • Strangely, when I try logging in via the website (normal login - not registering my number), I am able to log in fine.   However, I then receive a message telling me To log in, you need to register a phone number with us

2) Ideally.... I want to use my old vodafone account name / email address

• Vodafone seems to have a problem re-using old accounts.  I have been with Vodafone multiple times in the past, and I seem unable to register with my old account online.   Each time I must set up a new username - to the point where I've now had 4 different usernames with Vodafone!!
  • I formerly had an account with Vodafone that used my email address.  For obvious reasons, I would like to continue using this account. 

SUMMARY

Please can someone advise how to successfully register my mobile number with My Vodafone, ideally using my old email address as the account name.

Thank you!!

3 REPLIES 3

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@stooch I've sent you a private message so we can take a look into your My Vodafone issue in more depth.

Samtroll

i have the exact same problem as the user above has described, i also contacted cs 191 several times and it just goes around in circles, can someone please tell me how to solve this? 

JohnJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Samtroll  I'm sorry to hear that you're also having this problem with your My Vodafone account.

This is normally due to having either an old vodafone account using the same credentials or an error during the registration process.

Have you tried registering with a different email?

If this does'nt work, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch regarding this.