Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't register to My Vodafone

Sanct
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

Two days ago I received my new pay monthly Vodafone number and when I try to register for My Vodafone i get this message:

"We can't find your details.

We can't match that number against a contact on your account. Please note this needs to be a number registered on your account."

10 REPLIES 10

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Sanct

If you received the contract direct from Vodafone, you should be able to set up an online account immediately but would be unable to view any account information until you have received the first bill and have some account activity.

However, if the contract came via a third party, it may take longer for Vodafone to receive your information.

The first thing to always try in clearing your cookies and PC cache, very often it's a cookie preventing you from registering when you have previously tried.  As soon as the online account is up and running the phone application should follow.  Further information for you here: My Vodafone

If you continue to have problems registering live chat or Customer Services will be able to help.  Alternatively, come back to the forum for help from the forum Team.

It's been 2 weeks and I still get the same message. I paid my first bill one week ago...

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Sanct I'm sorry to see you're still having a bit of trouble when trying to register for My Vodafone. So we're able to have a look into your online account on our side, please get in touch using the link in my private message

Jacquipearson
1: Seeker

I’ve been having the same problem I try to register with my new mobile number on Vodafone it says that number isn’t associated with my account I tried putting the number registered with the account and states there is a error. Try to do forgot username and password and all I get is can’t locate details

AnnS

Hi @Jacquipearson

If you have not yet set up an online account try clearing your pc cache and cookies and try again. Alternatively, try from a different browser. 

If problems persist please come back to the forum. 

I’m having same problem with 2 monthly sims bought from carphone warehouse 3 days ago 

AnnS

Hi @jaklyn1234

When a contract has been taken out through a third party, the third party has to submit the information to Vodafone and with the bank holiday on Tuesday this will take longer than usual. 

Until you have received your first bill in around 7 to 10 days there won't be any billing information to view. Wait until then and Vodafone will have your account details and you shouldn't have a problem registering. 

Still can’t register my daughters accounts . Get same message - we can’t find your details 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jaklyn1234 I'm sorry to see you're still unable to register the accounts. We'll need to access them on our side to see what's going wrong and put this right for you 🙂

So we're able to do this, please get in touch with us using the link in my private message