Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cancel order as item is ‘out of stock’

yuumi
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am new customer joining Vodafone and I ordered an iPhone 11 Pro last Thursday, 20th of September. The sales rep guaranteed that the phone will arrive the next day, however it is now Monday and I’ve been told that it is out of stock and they have no idea when I will receive the phone. I’ve transferred my PAC code and my current sim with Three will become inactive on the 29th leaving me with no active sim to use if I do not receive the phone and sim.( I was told that the sim cannot be sent seperately.) I asked to cancel my order and was told that this is not possible and I must wait to receive the phone in order to cancel it. I asked them whether they will provide me with a sim to use in the meantime and they said this is also not possible. This is completely ludicrous and absolutely unacceptable. I use my phone daily for work and to communicate with my family and friends and to be without an active sim to use due to Vodafone’s false promise of delivering the phone the next day is unacceptable. Surely the sales rep could tell that the phone was out of stock and had I been given this information I would not have placed the order. The complaints advisor I spoke to refused to provide a solution and even blamed me saying I should’ve have known it was a popular device! I’ve seen similar questions on this forum that have been resolved. Please can someone contact me and help me cancel my order. I am appalled and disgusted at the service.

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

As far as I'm aware @yuumi 

If the phone is Out of Stock you can indeed cancel the order.

I'm not sure why the agent advised differently. If this was my situation I'd ring 191 and speak to another agent and insist.

If the phone was In Stock then you can't as the despatch is quite quick normally  The phone would have to be sent back or handed into a Vodafone Highstreet Store.

Account issues are no longer resolved by the forum I'm afraid as account access isn't available.

I've known for the sim card to come separately from the phone too. It does not always come with the phone as far as I'm aware.

However you can engage with the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandOfBrothers

Thank you so much for your speedy answer!

I just got off the phone with another advisor who again confirmed that because my order isn’t complete it cannot be cancelled. She did say that if there was an error in the order or a system glitch it could be cancelled and I even found out that my delivery address was incorrect (had the wrong house number) but she still said it cannot be cancelled. The lady I spoke to was much more helpful and tried her best to offer me a solution (go to the Vodafone shop and get a pay monthly sim only temporarily so I’m not disconnected and wait for the handset) but she said it’s not possible to cancel my order. I don’t use any social media (twitter, Facebook, instagram) so I’m not able to post there. I’ve tried the live chat and reached a dead end there as well. Is there any other channel that I can contact Vodafone to get my order cancelled?

Thank you again! Much appreciated!

AnnS

Hi @yuumi 

Whatever you do don't get a pay monthly SIM only to port your 3 number.   Before being able to transfer the number to your new pay monthly contract this will need to be cancelled and will cause further complications.  If you are going to go that route keep to PAYG, you will then be able to transfer the number to the new contract by completing this form: Keep My Number

Having mentioned that, your account with Vodafone is not yet up and running, Vodafone cannot port a number to a contract that is not active.  You may find your 3 contract will continue to roll over until you receive your phone and the number has been ported over.  With PAC codes being valid for 30 days, the PAC may expire and you will need to request an further PAC from 3.

The best way to get this solved, is by contacting Vodfone through live chat, although networks receive little or no prior warning when stock is due, they will be able to help.

Hi @AnnS

Thank you so much for your answer!

Getting a new pay monthly sim only is exactly what I was advised so I’m glad you warned me! 

I will ask about the PAYG option to see if that’s possible. I really don’t want my PAC code to expire and get another bill from Three as I’ve had so much trouble leaving them too but maybe that’s the best option as my contract will Three was only £12 a month. 

It’s so frustrating that everyone I speak to at Vodafone gives me different answers. I wish I could just cancel my order and I really don’t understand how that’s not possible - even when they didn’t have the correct delivery address!

Thank you again for your advice!

BandOfBrothers

The subject of being able to cancel if the phone is out of stock has come up before.

The answer was yes it can be cancelled.

How on earth can Vodafone think they can hold a person to a contract if the device isn't available.

Maybe thinking if they hold onto the open contract that when the phone is eventually delivered you'll have a change of heart and keep it !

It takes a few moments to set up a twitter or facebook account to contact the Vodafone Social Media Teams and then when finished deactivate them @yuumi 

That or use the complaints procedure which shouldn't really be needed imo as it's a simple cancellation !

Current Phone  >

Thank you @BandOfBrothers

I’m going to set up a Twitter account and contact them now as the last resort. I’ve gone through a he complaints procedure initially and that was where I was first told that I should have guessed this would happen because I ordered a popular phone!

Hopefully social media team can help me (though it shouldn’t resort to this...)

Thank you again!

BandOfBrothers

@yuumi wrote:

Thank you @BandOfBrothers

I’m going to set up a Twitter account and contact them now as the last resort. I’ve gone through a he complaints procedure initially and that was where I was first told that I should have guessed this would happen because I ordered a popular phone!

Hopefully social media team can help me (though it shouldn’t resort to this...)

Thank you again!

If they can I'm sure they will @yuumi 

It's certainly not your fault because you chose a phone that caught your eye.

After all the phone is advertised by Vodafone to tempt people in !

That's a poor reply especially from the complaints team.

Current Phone  >

@BandOfBrothers

I created a Twitter account and contacted them and got a DM from someone who said they’d look into my issue but it’s  over 24 hours later and nothing from them. I’ve been reading their twitter feed and I see other people complaining that they get a DM asking for details but actually don’t do anything. Seems like they just respond with a positive tone publicly so it looks like they are going someone when actually they aren’t doing anything. 

If I ever receive my phone I’m going to return it immediately as this must be the worst customer service I’ve encountered in years!

hrym

If the team have acknowleged you, you are definitely in the queue.   When things are busy, responses are sometimes slower, but this will be dealt with.   I'm wondering whether there's a credit check process going on that's taking longer than it might and that this is why the order is coming up as "incomplete" and Customer Services can't cancel it.