Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cancelled contract but still paying

JessC
2: Seeker

Hi All,

I cancelled my Vodafone contract on the 19th May, and understand that I’ll have needed to pay for this month, however on the Vodafone app, it still says that I’ll have an additional payment due for the month of June (ie two months after I’ve cancelled). I also didn’t receive a confirmation of cancellation email or letter in the post. I really don’t want to be paying an additional month’s fee for Vodafone’s mistake. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

givemeachance

do not pay them, I am in exactly the same boat, but I foolishly payed up, they then build me for the next month, then again for the next month, and so it goes on, they will not cancel , the phone has not been used for 6 months

but they still want £10 a month for a pay as go phone that is not used, I did have a contract to pay in advance for one year,  but that is long gone, and was payed up to date when I tried to cancel, 

The latest thing is they have offered to put me on a pay as go contract, which is what I already have , but will not cancel.

@givemeachance,

Just to echo what @AnnS said, you must still be in a contract or Vodafone believe you are. PAYG connections are paid up front, via the topping-up process.  not via monthly billing.   Remember that contracts are not automatically cancelled when they expire, they go onto a rolling monthly basis instead until some definitre action is taken. Follow the recommendations here to get this sorted out.