Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cancelled my contract without consent!

wilsonc87
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So my husband used my phone to cancelled his MiFi account which he used for a short period. The customer service advisor handling his request cancelled my pay monthly phone contract at the same time without my consent.

Within 5 minutes of his call ending, i received an automated text advising that my line was being disconnected. The advisor called me immediately to apologise and advised this was not the case.

48 hours later, i woke up to no service on my phone to discover that my line had indeed been disconnected. I had my line reconnected swiftly after speaking with them on a permium rate number. 

To my horror when logging into my online account, it appears my estimated charges include a hefty £792.13 for cancelling my contract along with line rental and a further £17.99 for reconnection totalling £835.47.

Upon speaking with the complaints team, they have assured me all will be well when producing the bill and acknowledged their error. They have refused to log this as a complaint despite be stating this is a massive security breach.

The billing date and come and gone. My estimated charges have not been removed and a bill does not appear to have been generated. 

As my direct debit claim date approaches, i am concerned. Any advice? Has anything similar happened to anyone?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I'm not surprised your unimpressed and concerned at this especially as it's a large sum of money. 

Please let the Social Media Team here catch up with your thread and they will engage with you. 

If any monies are taken in error then Vodafone would be duty bound to return them or you can even involve your bank Customer Services and invoke the Direct Debit Guarantee which returns the funds more or less straightaway.

I appreciate disposable funds maybe an issue with the worry over any imposed bank charges which imo Vodafone would have to pay. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for your response. i have just come come off the phone after speaking with yet another customer service advisor after being assured previously that someone would personally call me back after sorting this out for me.

It appears my final bill has now been produced, to be claimed via direct debit on the 30th. I will hand it to them, at least someone has worked on my account as the estimated amount of £835.47 has been reduced....to £833.09.

Aboslutely livid! They have finally accepted my wish to raise this as a formal complaint but advised me that i will get yet another call back when the system is working to discuss and try and amend the bill (A final bill that has already been issued!) I could be waiting until Thursday for this call back as the lady i spoke with wanting to take ownership of this complaint is not back in until then.

I alerted them of this calous error back on Sunday 6th August after discovering my line had been disconnect! For goodness sake this is just not good enough. I have been a vodafone customer for over 10 years and have only recently taken out a new contract! 

And just to add, my husband has been billed twice for the Mifi monthly rolling contract which he was specifically told he would not be billed for after already given 30 days notice to terminate the contract! Shocking 

hrym

This is going to take quite a bit of sorting, including reuniting you with your number.  Hang on for the forum team, who'll be able to do the investigating offline rather than during a live session.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@wilsonc87 - I'm sorry to hear what's happened.

So we can get this sorted for you quickly, I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch.