Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cancelled my contract

Bsavings
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello guys.

I cancelled my contract yesterday there was 9 months left, what I don't understand is I've got to wait 30 days untill I get disconnected so my final payment will be on the 19th March, I used the online chat to see if I could make a one time payment now so I don't have to wait 30 days, they said I have some sort of credit another bill on the 22nd of April, if I'm paying my contract off why is there another bill at the end of April? Thanks for reading 

10 REPLIES 10

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Bsavings 

When you cancel there will be two final bills, the following months and the final 0.00 bill to confirm there is nothing further owing after which time you will be in a postion to cancel the direct debit.

If you paid the early termination charges, there should have been nothing to stop Vodafone disconnecting your number immediately but if you want to keep the number you need a PAC.  There is further help and support here:  Cancellation 

Yeah they said do you want a Pac and I said no i want my number on pay as you go untill I'm ready to leave vodafone 

AnnS

Hi @Bsavings 

Due to 30 days notice it takes 30 days to move the number to PAYG.  This will be the reason for not being able to cancel for 30 days.

You would be in a better position to PAC out, this will generate the final bill, nothing stopping you from PAC back in on PAYG.

That sounds a lot better have you any idea how to do that thanks 

AnnS

Hi @Bsavings 

If you have already cancelled with Customer Services, it may be an idea to have a word with them first.

Follow the cancellation link I left, the sub links on the page will take you here: PAC (Porting Authorisation Code) 

Don't forget if you get the PAC, you will have a bill with the ETF, plus two further bills.  Keep the DD open at the bank until you have the final 0.00 bill.

Do i have to use the Pac code first for it to bill me or do i have to pay first 

AnnS

@Bsavings wrote:

Do i have to use the Pac code first for it to bill me or do i have to pay first 

You use the PAC, this will generate the bill with the ETF but there will still be two further bills to come out by direct debit.

I always consider paying early termination charges a waste of money, with 9 months left it will be a hefty chunk coming out of your bank account.  Not sure of your reason for terminating a contract but staying on PAYG.

The 2 bills will be the months bill and the early termination fee?

AnnS

@Bsavings wrote:

The 2 bills will be the months bill and the early termination fee?

The ETF first and then two further bills one next months and a further final bill the following month.