cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cancelling Auto Renewed Account (Cooling Off Period?)

tonymc
4: Newbie

Hi,

Having checked my account, I noticed that it has already autorenewed for another 12 months on 13th Feb (I  thought it was at the end of this month so my mistake!!).

However, as I had a discount last year, the cost has increased by 30%, and there are far better offers available on the Vodafone website.

Just wondering if there is a "cooling off" period for auto-renewals, so that I could take advantage of these lower prices.

Many thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @tonymc 

Contracts don't auto renew and add an additional 12 months on the the previous contract, unless cancelled contracts will roll over on a month to month basis.  As the discount would have been for the duration of the contract, this will end after the initial 12 months.

As you would be out of commitment, you would be in a good bargaining positon for a new agreement extending the discount and this would be something worth discussion with the Upgrades Team.  When you speak to the Team you need to give them an indication of the tariff you are looking for and they will make recommendations. SIM only contracts can be 30 days, 12 or18 months duration and if you commit for 18 months you may get a more generous discount. 

However, if you want to cancel the contract this is easily done with the PAC by text please see here:  Cancellation 

BandOfBrothers

Yes @tonymc contact customer services on 191 and choose thinking of keaving or Live Chat and negotiate.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

tonymc
4: Newbie

Many thanks everyone. Thought I had missed the boat there!!!!

BandOfBrothers

No Vodafone have a 14 day cooling off period too.

When a contract has run the full 24 months  or 12 month sim only it auto drops onto a 30 day rolling contract.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.