Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cancelling my contract

ellie1984
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am hoping for some advise, I contacted Vodafone via chat a few weeks ago to cancel my contract. I have had no correspondance following this.

Since this I have e-amiled vodafone and no reply and tried 3 times on chat to find out what is going on, the first time I got cut off and the other 2 times it has pbviously been busy. Tonight I started chat about 19:20 and I am still waiting 22:19, they just sent me a survey to rate them so I guess its a lost cause, My contract runs out the end of this month I want ot avoid paying any additional costs. 

Do I just cancel my direct debit? I not entirely I want to risk it 2 years ago Vodafone took a large sum out of my account in error and it was not easy getting it back.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @ellie1984

Live Chat wouldn't be able to cancel the contract I believe. 

This is why its advised to ring them as indicated in the below link ive added and does not mention using Live Chat. 

You would need to call Customer Services either on 191 or 03333 040 191 from other UK landlines or mobiles (standard call charges apply)

To cancel and not retain your number 30 days notice is required. 

To cancel and retain your number to take to another network then ask for a Pac. When the alternative network uses the Pac then your Vodafone Contract ends immediately. 

Use this as near to the end of your contract as possible and not at any applicable early upgrade date. 

More info in What-happens-when-I-leave/How-do-I-cancel-my-Pay-monthly-contract.

Leave your Direct Debit in place until the final bill is taken in approx 2 weeks and followed by a Sorry your Leaving letter and a final bill. 

You probably have not received a reply from sent emails as Vodafone cannot take you through security protocols that way to prove you are the account holder. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers

Hi @ellie1984

Live Chat wouldn't be able to cancel the contract I believe. 

This is why its advised to ring them as indicated in the below link ive added and does not mention using Live Chat. 

You would need to call Customer Services either on 191 or 03333 040 191 from other UK landlines or mobiles (standard call charges apply)

To cancel and not retain your number 30 days notice is required. 

To cancel and retain your number to take to another network then ask for a Pac. When the alternative network uses the Pac then your Vodafone Contract ends immediately. 

Use this as near to the end of your contract as possible and not at any applicable early upgrade date. 

More info in What-happens-when-I-leave/How-do-I-cancel-my-Pay-monthly-contract.

Leave your Direct Debit in place until the final bill is taken in approx 2 weeks and followed by a Sorry your Leaving letter and a final bill. 

You probably have not received a reply from sent emails as Vodafone cannot take you through security protocols that way to prove you are the account holder. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.