Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot purchase new sim

pricew1970
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have been trying since Saturday to purchase two new sim only contracts on Voda website. I am able to add them to my basket.  I then go to checkout and login in as an existing user, enter the sms code then it just takes me to a page saying link is broken.

I have used multiple browsers, laptops and mobile site all with same results.  I have asked colleagues to try and they can get to the purchase page successfully. I am also able to log into my account successfully, I just cannot complete a purchase.  I tried reporting on live chat who advised they cannot raise fault tickets for the website.

[Removed]..has anyone experienced this or are able to help at all ??

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

9 REPLIES 9

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

Presumably, in order to add additional contracts to your account, you'd be credit-checked? It might be worth checking your credit rating, in case anything odd is happening there?

Hi no it's not getting as far as credit check and I have no issues at all with that

Seems to be an isue with website or my account. I have no active plans on, but it basically tells me the link is broken as soon as I login to purchase an item.

chistery
16: Advanced member

Try clearing every cookie for vodafone. I always seem to have cookie problems with the site. Also, try incognito mode?

ok will do, I'm in my Voda office using works laptop :D.... have tried personal pc and laptop at home plus phone and diff browsers !! Will give it a go

chistery

I tried it, and had the same issue, went to log in, got an error. Cleared every cookie and it worked when I tried again. Good luck!

Nope same issue

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

What happens if you simply log in to your account, just to view it rather than as part of your purchase? Does that run as you'd expect? 

There seem to be odd things reported on PAYG, though that may not be relevant. Also, logging in to a personal account from the same organisation's business site can cause unlikely conflicts! 

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @pricew1970

I am thinking along the lines of this being more of an account issue with something not matching on your account.  When you log on it might be worth checking that everything is correct with your personal details, these errors can end up being caused by something very simple.

At least by coming to the forum you will have found the place to get this solved give the Team time to get to the thread, they will be able to check your account.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pricew1970 - We’ll be happy to help with you purchasing the SIM only agreements. I’ve sent you private message with how to send us your details. Please follow the steps from there.