Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot reset Community Password

spikeymikey
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've forgotten my Community password and unfortunately the password reset process doesn't work - I keep getting the message "unable to rest password". I know I have an account, as I can't create a new account with my username or email address. So I had to create a new account with a temporary email address just to raise this post.

Any help on how to reset my password appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Let the Vodafone Social Media Team here catch up with your thread and they'll help you @spikeymikey

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @spikeymikey

If you are trying to change your password on your settings, unless you know the original password, you will receive that message, you need to click on forgot password link when you try to log in with your user name, you will then be sent an email to your registered forum email address and will be able to reset your password from there.

However, if you are having log in problems, and are unable to reset your password, there is an email address to the Team on a Guide to Using the Forum here:  A Guide to Using the Forum, the address is correct, if you leave the window open an email pro forma should pop up.

@AnnS. Many thanks for your response. I have tried your suggestion. I clicked the Password Request link and received an email. I clicked on the Reset Password link in the email and got to the Set a New Password page. 

Then, whatever new Password I enter twice I get the error message “correct the highlighted errors and try again”. 

There are are no highlighted errors to correct, just the boxes to enter the new password. The process then repeats if I try again. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@spikeymikey I've just sent you a private message so we're able to help with your password reset 🙂

@Alex. Thanks fpr response. When I try and send you a private message I get the error "You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later."

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@spikeymikey That's a new one...

I've just unverified and verified your Community account and forced your profile to send a private message to myself, which has gone through successfully. From how your profile looks I can't see any reason you shouldn't be able to send a message at the moment or reset your password in 'My Settings' (if you know your current password). 

Give it a go again and try to reply to my private message if you need to 🙂 It might be worth trying to use a different browser if it's still not working. 

@Alex. Thanks for your help. Having successfully sent a test private message I'm getting the error "You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later." when I try and send you the details of my account that needs a password reset. I've tried different browsers etc. I will try again later as the error message suggested