Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Card information stolen by fraud vodafone agent

chandan_348
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I feel I became a victim of vodafone fraudsters today.  In order to buy a samsung galaxy s8, I was chatting online with some one named paula to complete the order. 

After completion of order and paying online, I have not yet received any confirmation from Vodafone that the money was received by Vodafone. Even the reference number generated after the transaction is found to be invalid.

But be careful Vodafone, if I'm cheated, I'm not going to remain silent on this issue. pfa the bill details fyi. 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Please do double check your email in box along with your Spam email folders. 

Ringing 191 to Customer Services should hopefully clear any concerns you have. 

If you still feel something fraudulent has occurred @chandan_348 then please use the following Vodafone Official links. 

Vodafone - protecting-our-customers/protecting-your-identity.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @chandan_348

If you only ordered yesterday, your order won't have been fully processed.  Depending on availability of the phone and if there is stock available, as soon as your new phone has been despatched, you will receive an updated email with delivery information and be able to use the order number to track delivery by following the link below.

How do I track my order?

As you only ordered yesterday, the funds will be ringfenced in your bank account and will not be claimed by the merchant until despatch.  If you log onto your bank account you will see two balances, your available balance and pending balance.

If there are any enquiries about your order, live chat are there to help.

It has been more than 13hrs of placing the order online but I have not even got any confirmation that the order was placed.

AnnS

Hi @chandan_348

As mentioned, as soon as your order has been fully processed and the phone is out for delivery, you will receive an updated email with tracking information.  If you are a new customer, there is also the credit check to be processed, and this won't be completed until the beginning of the working week. Until despatch, the money will not be claimed by Vodafone and will remain ringfenced in your bank account or on the card used to make the payment.

You don't have anything to worry about and will probably find an email confirmation at the beginning of the working week. If this is not received, live chat will be able to check on your order.

The estimated delivery for the phone you have ordered is 1-2 working days and will probably be despatched  Monday.  There is further information for you below.

How will my order be delivered?