Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Change of phone mid contract

Pabz67
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I was chatting to an advisor last night about changing my phone i have 13 month left on my contract i was told i can trade my iphone in for a new phone and still keep my existing contract just wondering if thats true

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Pabz67

The advisor may have been recommending the flexi upgrade option but this will mean a further 24 month contract. There is further information on  flexi upgrades on the link below.

Flexi Upgrades

The other alternative is to purchase the phone at your own expense carry on using your airtime contract and change to SIM only at the end of contract.  In the long run, this would be the cheapest option but depends on your available cash.  You would then be able to sell your present phone through Vodafone Trade In or through an alternative site.

BandOfBrothers

@Pabz67 wrote:

I was chatting to an advisor last night about changing my phone i have 13 month left on my contract i was told i can trade my iphone in for a new phone and still keep my existing contract just wondering if thats true

Hi @Pabz67

Short version = No it isn't correct in that format. 

If Vodafone offer a person another new phone on a Pay Monthly Contract then they are upgrading that person which means another 24 month contract will begin with a new tariff amount and set allowances. 

If that's not what you want then I'd suggest options like buying a phone Off family , friends or work colleagues or Highstreet stores such as Vodafone who sell Payg phones or shops such as CEX who sell unwanted phones and upgrade phones. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.