Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Charged for Free Trial

philrm77
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Has anybody else had an issue with being charged for the "free trial" of Secure Net? 

I only joined Vodafone last month on the 20GB Red Extra plan, which came with a 3 month trial of Secure Net (incidentally I don't want this service and deactivated it as soon as I was able) but my first bill contains a £1 charge for it.

When the bill was first generated I contacted Live Chat and the person I spoke to said "Sorry yes that's an error, I've removed the charge for you." and I even received a confirmation text saying that the charge had been removed. 

My bill didn't change however, so I contacted Live Chat again and they said don't worry, it might show on your bill but when payment is taken you will see that the extra £1 won't be taken.

Fast forward to today and surprise surprise... they have charged me the extra £1.

It's not really been a great first impression, I don't want to contact Live Chat again because it seems they just say whatever to get rid of you! Any ideas what else I can do to get this sorted?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @philrm77

When Vodafone give a free trial, you will usually see the charge on the bill and a credit at the end of the bill with the amount subtracted from the final amount you have been charged.

If there has been an error and the amount has not been credited back, when your bill has already been generated for the month the credit (refund) will be given on the following months bill.

With the first bill always being more than expected with the pro rata charges, it can also be quite confusing.  There is further information on pro rata charging from support below.

Support - First Bill

If the credit is not on the following months bill, or you have any other questions please come back to the forum. 

Hi

Sorry to bump this message, but my next bill had been generated and I still have not been refunded for the incorrect charge. What else can I do to get this sorted?

Thanks!

Phil

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@philrm77 - I’m sorry you were advised you’d receive a refund and this hasn’t happened.

So we can access your account, please send us your details by following the steps in this private message.