Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Checkout Error

infrared
2: Seeker
Hi Everyone, Just wondering if anyone else is getting the same error on the Vodafone website checkout page - attached snip and text copied below... "Upfront payment Please try again... Hopefully everything is working now, but if you still experience problems, please call our customer support centre on 08080 408 408 to help with your purchase." So I'm unable to enter my card details to buy anything - surely the sales team should have noticed?! A less than satisfactory call with Vodafone CS hasn't helped - hopefully one of the team on the forum here will take this more seriously than the lad on the phone... Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Sometimes clearing the cookies and cache of the browser and trying again prevails.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams here no longer can help with account based enquiries or sales via this forum.

Perhaps try Live Chat.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

infrared
Thanks both - have since tried on a different computer, (having deleted all cookies / cache, restarted, tried incognito, spun-around 3 times etc etc) - exactly the same issue with the "Upfront Payment" section unfortunately. No option to enter card details - assume that's what the error is for. Trying to buy Mobile Broadband. So looks like it's an error with the website.

Andy

Hi @infrared, this is something we need to look into, if this is still occurring could you provide the link for the product you are trying to purchase and a screenshot of the error if possible and we will get this investigated.

Hi Andy - thank you for getting back to me.

Have just checked - yes, same error as before - screenshot attached.

I am trying to buy Vodafone Home Broadband - the error with the "Upfront Payment" section is presumably occuring because I am having to pay £60 for a phone line (there is currently no active phone line to the property).

Kind regards

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for providing that screenshot @infrared, that's very strange. I've passed this along to our website team to take a closer look into. Have you called to place your order with one of our phone advisers? 

Alternatively, you can speak to an adviser using Live Chat. I'd give that a go, so you've got ball rolling; whilst we take a look into the error from our side. 

Hello Vodafone technical support,

I have received the same error message at a different part of the secure checkout journey for home broadband superfast 2 order. 

When trying to enter how long i've lived at my current address on the last page (before bank details and paying) I ge the same error message as the other customer.

I've inspected the details of the API call in a little more detail and you are throwing a HTTP 500 error when trying to validate my personal details it seems. The technical team can investigate this more - i've tried clearing cache and changing browser but this seems to be a service side issue your side.

This is impacting your online broadband checkout order for registered customers journey and should be seen to as a priority.

GemmaP
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @hwaseem 

We'd love to have you on board with our Superfast Broadband! Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

It does sound a little strange, just to make sure do all of your address details match up with what your bank has registered for you?

If you're still having issues, give our dedicated sales team a call on 03333 040191 and they'll be more than happy to put your order through for you 😊

Hi Gemma,

I've just checked and it seems that my address details in MyVodafone are correct and according to the bank details too.

The only reason I need to do this online as I have an offer from a 3rd party website if I complete the order online and this is fully tracked, so I would not be able to do this over the phone and lose out on this offer.

Is support able to look into this issue?

thanks

Hi Vodafone support,

Any help here?