Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Checks required when taking additional lines

isaacessex
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, if I had a phone contract with Vodafone (iPhone) and took out a sim only deal and an Apple Watch deal, what checks do Vodafone do?

13 REPLIES 13

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

They've already Credit checked you @isaacessex so as long as you've conducted the account OK i.e paying on time etc just contact Live Chat or Customer services on 191 to see what they can offer.

my-vodafone-account/additional-plans. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Going to be honest, I am in a battle with Vodafone. 

They allowed me to take our two new lines in Feb & March 2020 (a sim only deal and an Apple Watch).

However, I had late and non payments for the previous 6 months when they allowed me to. I had maxed out credit cards and hitting my overdraft limit. Surely they should have not allowed this?? @bandofbrokers

@bandofbrothers sorry for the typo

AnnS

Hi @isaacessex 

I am confused you posted this thread last month https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Please-help-Default-added/m-p/2686411#M62927 about your financial difficulties and how much you wanted Vodafone to understand your situation and help and how little money you had and now you want Vodafone to understand further and give you a new contract with a new watch to go with it.

Vodafone have a 3 month clear payment ruling before being able to take an additional line and from the sound of things you already in default and owe Vodafone a lot of money which you cannot afford to pay.

Where can I see this 3 month rule please?

AnnS

I suggest you ask Vodafone that question @isaacessex , Vodafone have been having some trouble collecting your payments and they are hardly going to give you an expensive new phone with a watch until your payments are up to date and you have made three clear payments, this gives Vodafone an indication as to how you are going to manage the account and make further payments.

Vodafone have a duty of care to minimise debt and you are already in default of your contract and owe money which you cannot afford to pay,

Hi,

I will - however, is there anything that states, you need to 3 months clear? That would help.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

We would always run a check on customers before allowing them to increase the credit on their account @isaacessex, this includes looking at how your account is currently being managed and making regular payments over the previous 3 months would be part of this check. If, as you've suggested in your other post, you're struggling to manage your current payment obligations, I would advise against you trying to take any further credit at the moment. But if you'd like to take a look at your options, reach out to our Online Sales team and they'll be happy to help.

BandOfBrothers

I'm sure many have encountered issues financially especially with furlough etc due to these unprecedented time's.

It's not for me to judge what's happened.

Please do give Vodafone customer services on 191 a ring if use Live Chat as I adviseed in my first reply, and they'll officially check your account to see what's available specifically for you.

I wish you all the best with this @isaacessex 

Terms-and-conditions/consumer/mobile/offers-and-promotions. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.