cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Circumstances changed so now struggling to pay for contract.

CR1994
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Long winded sorry but earlier this year I had a great job and upgraded to a flash new phone with an expensive contract (for me) with everything included. 

Recently I have had to leave that job due to sudden ill health and now I'm really struggling to pay  my mortgage let alone the £70 a month for my phone and contract! Is there anything i can do to lower my monthly cost or any get out clauses etc because I am a nervous wreck worrying about debt whilst having treatment and it's not good 😞

1 REPLY 1

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @CR1994

It is very sad to hear of your situation, there is nothing worse than the worry of debt on top of health problems.

With it still being a valid contract, it would be doubtful that Vodafone will let you pay less but there is no harm asking.

When you are struggling to pay your bill, the first thing to do is to contact Vodafone, they have a dedicated team and they will sympathetically be able to look at your situation and arrange an affordable payment plan.  Please be aware that this will unfortunately be reported against your credit file and will mean your services will be restricted.

There is further information for you on this link.  What should I do if I can’t pay my bill?

I always think a change of contract ownership to a trustworthy friend or relative is a reasonable option, this way repayments and responsibility towards the contract would be with the new owner.  If this is an option, there is further information for you here:  Transfer Ownership

Hope things improve for you.