Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Complaint and reduction of tariff

Musto
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Disappointing technicians, customer service and sales agents

It's a bit of an experience from hell I have had with the Vodafone. I changed from BT to Vodafone in July 2018 a couple of months ago and it proved to be a huge mistake. My experience has been far from happy. The issues are as follows:

• Every single call and communication I made to the Customer Service caused distress --full of lack of understanstanding and failure of communication.
  • This was subsequently compounded by the sales agent I chatted with online. She was going to keep me as a customer by suggestion good offers but instead sent me a PAC code on 10 September 2018. Because I wanted to lodge a complaint and raise my concerns and grievances first, I did not activate the PAC code as confirmed by SMS on 28 September. It's asking me to give the Vodafone a call but I am single frightened to make any contact with the Vodafone again given the previous trauma.
  • All this exacerbated by network failures. They kept confusing 2 numbers, the first one was a temporary one I thought it wise to try it first then just before the monthly end date of my contract with the previous network provider (BT) i moved my number over with a contract with Vodafone by activating a PAC code
  • My line got disconnected 3 times in error. They took far too long to reconnect when I called them they kept saying (after making me wait for half an hour on the  phone) "we need 24 hours". But it would take them more than 48 hours on occasions twice and still no service. 
  • I went into the local Vodafone store on 13 August 2018 to ask them to cancel the contract once the line was active again. I first waited for the line to be reconnected because I wanted to make sure that I still have my same mobile number (I have had it for more than 15 years) then cancel the contract, which I did and changed to pay monthly/rolling
  • When I stated the problems, the vodafone agents told me they had never seen anything like this before (why me?). Especially the line disconnection and no service for a good few days, which cost me loss of income and earnings as I get my bookings for work by phone call
  • As though to punish me, i was put on a reduced tariff: from the Vodafone promising a 20GB tariff as per agreement to having 2 GB now. Such a failure and cause for concern for the Trading Standards
2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It certainly sounds like you've not had the best experience @Musto

Please let the Vodafone Social Media Team here catch up with your thread and they'll take you through security checks via Private message and get you the help and support you need. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

We're really sorry to hear about all the problems you've had @Musto and apologise for all the inconvenience that's been caused.

So we can take a look into your disconnections and tariff change, along with any other queries you might have; I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.