Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Complaint - awful customer service and technical problems

Sevenarth
3: Seeker

Hello everyone!

Desperately I seek advice here in the community following a really bad experience with the customer service. Problems started on the 25th of April. The day I have been proposed an upgrade bundle for a really convenient price. I will start from the bundle I agreed with. At the moment I have the 16GB Red Entertainment bundle for 32£ with a 40% discount. This will make it 19.20£ per month. I have added the International Saver 100 extra for 3£. At this point I am supposed to pay 22.20£ per month. That's perfect!

Problems start here. The actual amount I am paying is 23.20£ somehow. Customer service is not capable of giving me any explanation to this.

Before my current bundle I had the 8GB Red Entertainment one. On the same day of my agreement to upgrade I completely lost my entertainment pack. Today is the 27th of June and I still did not manage to get it back. I called  and chatted so many times I do not even remember the amount of times. I either got the answer to text the famous number or got contact with the technical team that told me to wait 1 day to get things sorted out.

To be honest, when I called once, an agent promised me to refund me 9.99 pounds for May. I have never seen that refund visually. On the last bill I did not get any refund, yet on my direct debit they took 9.99 pounds less. I am happy with that, but another month passed since then.

At the moment I am in holidays in Italy so I have roaming data kept turned on. (I have an iPhone) When I took a ferry after a while the phone connected to a maritime network, I noticed immediately and turned off data. Those few seconds and those 30KB consumed took me 6£ away that are on my next bill at the moment. Last week I enabled a 15GB extra data for 20£, it worked perfectly until I cancelled the renewal. They took all of the allowance I paid for away and they kept the charge on my bill. Still the operators have no idea what is going on and cannot say anything else than wait for the next bill to get everything refunded. The last operator I talked to told me she gave me 2GB as goodwill, even though they are not here.

Right now I found myself forced to rely on a secondary Payg EE sim that I have to use for internet, together with an incoming bill of 49.20£ of which 26£ are basically stolen and 23.20£ for a bundle not fully working with a random 1£ added.

On my Out-of-allowance page I can see lots of "Entertainment bundle added" for 0£, plus a 6£ of internet on maritime network for 30KB, plus 20£ of 15GB extra and 0£ of 15GB extra. (the latter on the day when I cancelled the renewal)

All of this issues since the 25th of April, a customer service that either does not understand anything or promises things working in 1 day, many extra free charges in my bills and myself paying a Spotify Premium subscription on my own.

I am really desperate and I do not know what to do anymore. Please help me.

6 REPLIES 6

Sevenarth

This is getting even more ridiculous. My next bill just went from 49.20£ to 55.70£ because:

Data Roaming MO from Italy
335.00 MB
27 Jun 2017
£6.50

This is really not supposed to happen for two reasons:
1. AGAIN I should have my extra data which I paid for!
2. I have my Data Cap turned on! Both roaming and domestic!

How is this even possible?

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

Out of curiosity was it a SIM only deal or was there a device included 

I could be wrong here but I thought the bundle you mentioned only came with a device 

Thanks everyone for your answers!

@SKYMAN513 No, I have a SIM only bundle, since I already have a Vodafone device (iPhone 7)

@BandOfBrothers Yes, I am aware of that. After all the bad experiences I cannot even say if I will actually be refunded though... 

@AnnS Exactly! This happened when I first moved to Vodafone and, indeed, I had to wait. An agent asked to cancel again lately, even through a Vodafone link, but it never worked. I decided to go back with my Spotify subscription on this last month, after waiting for Vodafone. The real problem here is that I do not get to see any entertaintment pack at all... even if I keep receiving messages from Vodafone to activate it, on the link the only thing I see is to pay for either Spotify or Sky Sports. What if I want to change service? So I doubt it would be that at this point.

Regarding the price of my bundle I actually found out looking at previous bills that the extra pound is for Vodafone Secure Net. Something that I have never agreed to have. Looking around I noticed that it should be free for RED customers, though... I find it even funnier that it has been active since the 18th of May, which is just a random date to me. What is sad, instead, was that when I asked the customer service about the extra pound, they had no idea of what was it... I am definitely upset with them.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused @Sevenarth. We'd like to take a closer look into this for you.

So we can help, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with our team directly.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Sevenarth

I do understand the frustration that you must be feeling over this situation. 

It's my understanding that's it's sometimes a case where the frontline agents are unable to view some charges until the bill has been produced which is why you've been advised to wait until that time for the charges to be addressed. 

Anything that's been agreed with you should have been put in your Account Notes. 

This Community Forum is monitored by the Vodafone Social Media Team so please do let them catch up with your thread in order to help you further.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Sevenarth

When you previously had Spotify as part of your contract and take out a new contract to include Spotify as part of your package, you need to cancel your previous Spotify subscription.  There is further support on the link below.

How do I include Spotify Premium as part of my plan if I’m a Spotify Premium customer already?

When Vodafone agree to give a discount, you will see the full price of the contract on your online account before  the discount.  The 40% discount will be credited back at the end of the bill and subtracted from the final amount charged.   If you have the My Vodafone Application, you will be able to see the discount with the monthly line rental.

The best thing to do is get your previous Spotify subscription cancelled and wait have the next bill, this will give you something to go on when contacting Customer Services for an explanation.

If you are still not satisfied, come back to the forum and one of the Team will be able to help.