Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Complaints No Customer Service

Jox
4: Newbie

I have submitted numerous complaints over the last 14 months about the same issue, none of which achieved much. Communication is poor at Vodafone

I have had innumerable assurances and promises from customer service team members about them calling me back, the majority don’t bother.

After submitting a recent complaint, I have been sent text messages from an agent who simply doesn’t get what the complaint is about. Usually they text to say he will ring and then within a minute I get another message saying “I tried to call but didn’t manage to catch you”, this is a blatant lie as the phone does not ring. You cannot reply to the text but I figure this is a strategy for the ombudsman.

On the occasions he does ring, he has no idea of what customer service is, cannot offer any resolution and just mumbles sorry. He asks what action I want him to take, despite taking forty minutes and explaining it to him simply three times, he still doesn’t get it.

Yesterday I submitted another complaint explaining that the clock has been running for over a year and not to ring me, nobody does much to resolve the issue and I never receive any meaningful communications via E-mail which is how I want this dealt with. I am a business customer and my clients deserve my undivided attention, not anything Vodafone understand. In my written submission yesterday I wrote at the top *** DO NOT RING ME, E-MAIL ME AS YOUR TEXT MESSAGES CANNOT BE REPLIED TO AND YOUR CALLS RESOLVE NOTHING! ***.

Today at 15:39 I receive a text message from the same agent that cannot assist me stating “just to let you know I will be calling you today”, really, why?

At 15:41 he rang me, in a conversation that lasted ten minutes I established;

1. He has received the latest complaint.
  2. He has read it.
  3. He acknowledges I specifically requested an E-mail response from a senior manager.
  4. He has no answer as to why he rang other than it’s a courtesy.
  5. I reminded of him of our previous conversations where I requested a senior manager to get in touch to resolve this.

To add insult to injury at 15:47 I received the usual text message to say “I tried to call but didn’t manage to catch you”, he had obviously forgotten that he spoke to me for ten minutes simply six minutes before, is this incompetence or something even worse?

Thus far I remain disappointed and have already investigated moving away from Vodafone after many years as a customer. The organisation has been voted worst network provider and had the worst customer satisfaction for the eighth year in a row. I have begun to appreciate why.

Is it really so difficult to get somebody with skills in customer service to;

1. Actually listen
  2. Empathise rather than sympathise
  3. Ask well-reasoned questions to ensure they have elicited all of the facts
  4. Paraphrase to demonstrate their understanding
  5. Summarise their proposed actions to secure am acceptable resolution

It seems that it is! It's not that difficult, the process above is what my company teach to our employees to ensure they can readily deal with any complaint and sucessfully achieve resolution in a single call. I wonder why such a simple but sucessful methodology in not not in use at Vodafone? Vodafone comment invited.

9 REPLIES 9

Tsathoggua
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

The key difference of course is that your company actually wants to project a positive image of customer service, whereas Vodafone with its huge captive(ish) audience just wants to keep costs as low as possible.  It is also still one of those companies where one of the key benefits of rank/status is that you DON'T have to speak to customers any more.

Anonymous
Not applicable

They are not interested in customer service, I can't even physically log into my account no matter how many customer service agents I manage to speak to. They just lie until you go away. 

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Go via the telephone number on www.vodafone.co.uk/complaints

The team are really good.

Regrettably I have spent enough time explaining the situation to everybody you are passed to without a single one actually doing anything to help.

Time is money, I have to actually earn mine and talking to the complaints line is time I can ill afford to spend given as there is no result at the end!

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Jox It's really disappointing to hear of the experience you've had with us and we'd love the opportunity to turn this around for you and get your complaint fully resolved! So a member of our team can assist you with this further, please contact our team via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Don't forget to include the link to this thread, along with your username.

Hi Loz,

Thank you very much for your message.

Unfortunately I am a small company, not a multinational, so I regret I do not do "facebook or twitter".

Perhaps you might forward this to someone from the department who is willing to help the 40% of UK businesses who abstain from social media simply because we cannot afford to pay somebody to surf the web all day and then call it working.

I'm sure an E-mail or a private message would suffice and be much more appropriate. This would be a much preferred medium of communication as you can write real sentences, with good grammar, that are not subject of interpretation in a language which nobody over fifty understands.

Thanks in anticpation.

Jox

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @Jox. As we're part of the Social Media team here on the Vodafone Community, we deal with any queries via our social channels. If you have your own personal Facebook or Twitter, you're more than welcome to get in touch there; as we'd love to help get things resolved for you once and for all. 

Rest assured, our team will act in a professional manner and you'll still be able to articulate any issues that you're having fully; plus all of the conversation will be logged by yourself and us from there. 

TJ,

I am grateful for your comments but it does appear that nobody at Vodafone gets it.

Social media is defined as "websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking". Being as the social media team, of which I conclude you are a part, answers on this forum, it is also reasonable to conclude that this can be dealt with here as ir fits the definition of social media .

As I put on a seperate message, should you wish to send me a private message please feel free to do so. I am due to submit my termination notice to Vodafone on Thursday, I am sure it has not gone unnoticed by others that by then, my forum message will be nearly a week old.

Still no further forward.

Jox

Hi @Jox, thanks for your feedback and we do take your comments on board. If you do change your mind and would like to contact us via Facebook or Twitter we will follow up your complaint as soon as possible.