Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Concerns following repair

katbark
4: Newbie

I got my Galaxy Note 8 back from the Vodafone shop after having it repaired for screen burn. I don't know whether they replaced the screen or what they did. I checked it in the shop and it seemed okay, no marks on the screen or the back of the phone. Looking at it more closely when I got home, it seems to have what look like 'bubbles' on 3 of the 4 corners. It almost looks like a plastic cover which needs peeling off, but I don't want to try to pull them off if it is part of the phone. Also, the green 'sticker' wasn't there before. I'm going to go back to the shop with it, but was just wondering if anyone has come across this when they have put a phone in for repair? I'm just concerned in case there has been some damage to the phone when it was in for the repair. I have attached close ups of the corners and the green 'sticker'. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @katbark

If it's definitely not a plastic transit cover then if your unhappy with the work carried out then as they'll guarantee the work carried out I'd certainly return to the shop. 

Personally I prefer to use a Samsung Service Centre or Samsung Experience Store who uphold their guarantee.

Some Carphone Warehouse Stores have authorised repair centres in them too. 

I had a pink line some time ago on a Samsung Galaxy s7 edge phone I owned and the new screen was flawless. 

Unfortunately for some reason I'm unable to see attached pictures at this time.    :Sad_face:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your reply. I'm happy to report it was the cover they had put on to protect the phone. Felt a bit daft, but better safe than sorry!

63johnw

Hi @katbark looking at the pictures that looks like the film that’s on when you first get your phone. If you are unsure it’s best to call into the store and they will check it out for you. Hopefully it is just the protective film. 

Edit: have you checked your IMEI number? that looks to me like it could be a new phone.

Thanks for your reply. I'm happy to report it was the cover they had put on to protect the phone. Felt a bit daft, but better safe than sorry! It still looks like new as I'm paranoid about marking my phones and always cover them up as soon as I get them! I did check the IMEI, though, just in case, and it's the same phone.