Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Conference Calling - "Unable to switch calls"

jonb
4: Newbie

has anyone ever had the message "Unable to switch calls" when dialling the seocnd number on a conference call? If so, any idea how to get it sorted?

I dial 1st number and connect fine. i press + to add second number, enetr the number or pick from contacts, press Dial and get the message. Every time

Been on to Vodafone support by phone, live-chat and in person in the store, at least 20 times over the last 2 weeks. Told there is abosolutly no problem with my account and Conf calling is enabled.

Had conf calling settings removed, and re-added about 10 times, taken SIM out and rsetarted phone it at least as many times, been told a new SIM will definately sort it, 100% guaranteed - it made no difference.

Been told at least 5 times it is with a dedicated team who will get back to me - no one ever does

Tried SIM in another phone - same problem.

So it is not my account, it is not my SIM, and it is not my phone apparently! No one @ Vodafone has a clue, but still i cannot dial a second number?

Anyone experienced anything similar, and if so, how did it get resolved?

Thanks in advance for any light anyone can shed on it.

33 REPLIES 33

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @jonb

Conference calling should automatically be set up on all pay monthly contracts.

When you connect the first call, you need to press 2 to put the call on hold before dialling the second number.  

There is further information from support below.

How do I set up Conference calling?

Ann - Thanks, but pressing 2 does does nothing other than send the appropriate DTMF tone to the 1st recipient.

Once connected to the 1st caller i press the "+ Add Call" button

This works fine on my wifes phone (also Android on Vodafone), yet fails on mine

Untitled.png

AnnS

Hi @jonb

You need to put the first call on hold before adding the second call.

The first thing to do is check call waiting is activated.  This can be done from the phone and your online account.

Ann

Thank, but this has all been checked by the people I have spoken to in store, on-line and on the phone.

It is all set-up correctly and mirrors the settings on my wifes phone.

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jonb

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us. Once you've followed the link, we'll be able to help.

Carly, thanks - follwed the instructions in the PM

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks @jonb

We've got your email and we'll be back in touch soon. 

Thanks, 

@Amanda

Ok, got the call, spent about an hour on the phone and still not resolved

Perosn i spoke to says he has made notes on my account as what must be done next, but that he is not authorised to do what needs to be done. Someone will contact me in the next 30 minutes.

That was over 2 hours ago.

Please, can someone just get this sorted and ring me back. I have been promised, call after call after call - the majority of the time no one does

i now have to make a 200 mile drive to one of the people i have been trying to conferernce in for over w weeks. Already had to pay a premium on one service becuase i cannot set thing up because i cannot conferenec

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jonb

Thanks for getting back to us, though I'm sorry to hear that. 

I can see that you've sent us another email and we'll be back in touch soon. 

Thanks, 

Amanda