Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Confused about MPS line rental

yngi
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I feel stupid asking this considering so many others have but I’m still confused.

I ordered this phone yesterday (16/09/2020) and the SIM was activated today (17/09/2020). I set the phone up and checked my bill and it is double what we agreed in store. I understand this is due to the MPS line rental, where they bill for the first few days and then one month in advance. Does this mean I am being charged for two months as it’s double the price? (so september-october and october-november?) or is it for the “few days before the billing period” even though I am being billed from today.

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @yngi 

MPS line rental as you rightly mention is pro ratered charges.

Line rental is paid in advance and to bring you in line with your billing date, for the first month Vodafone charge part of the month up to the billing date,  plus one full months line rental in advance for the following month.  That will be part of this month September plus October line rental.

When the first bill is generated and available to view online and you are able to see the billing dates it will be a lot clearer but if you need clarification live chat will always be able to go through the bill with you.   Further help below: 

First Bill 

Understanding your Bill 

Also further help here: Welcome to Vodafone 

I am just confused because i haven’t been charged for the remaining 13 days of september and then the full month of october, i’ve been charged for 2 whole months? 

AnnS

Hi @yngi 

The first bill is produced and online within the first week of joining, if you are looking at the online account or application the dates and charges will be unbilled.

Wait until you have the bill, you will then be able to check and see the billing dates and charges, if you are still unclear and need clarification after receiving the bill live chat will be able to go through the dates and charges with you.  Alternatively, return to the forum and speak to the Social Team here: Contact Us