Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Connection issues

LSpendlove
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Why is there such a massive backlog in connecting new customers to new contracts?!!i bought 2 from carphone on sat 7th sept and im STILL waitonh..ita a bloody joke .fumin i am

15 REPLIES 15

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Now I'm not saying Vodafone are never in the wrong but we have seen that Carphone warehouse can be slow spmetimes at updating Vodafone about the new connection  

What have Carphone Warehouse  said as your essentially their customer  ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @LSpendlove

Have you spoken to Carphone about this? They were responsible for selling the contract and forwarding your details on to Vodafone to activate the account.

Vodafone can only go on from what has been received from the third party dealer. 

Hi yes i have they told me this morning that their automatic request for connection was rejected by vodafone so i have had to ask carphone to do this again manually and resend it..its an absolute joke.when i went to carphone tuesday evening they phoned Vodafone who said they had a big backlog and would give no date when this would get done .ive spent every day since purchasog phones and contracts chasing this..its disgusting

BandOfBrothers

Are you going through Carphone Warehouse due to a sweeter deal ?

If not have you considered going directly via Vodafone.

I've not heard of a backlog to be honest.

Did Vodafone speak with you at any point or is this what the Carphone Warehouse Rep told you.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I just went through vodafone so the kids could choose a phone when they were with me.me and my husband already with Vodafone so i wanted to bring my sons over from other networks.i gave carphone everything they needed pac codes etc i had no new number...i went back Tues night they rung vodafone while i was there and theybsaid theybhad a backlog and no timescale of when they would sort the connection..apparently Carphone sent them automatically to vidafobe and the requests were rejected!!!!!! 

AnnS

Hi @LSpendlove 

That clarifies it better. 

With the 7th being a Saturday, providing Vodafone had all the details from Carphone, the porting requests should have been sent by Carphone on Monday and with the porting taking no longer than 24 hours to complete, the numbers should have been ported over by yesterday afternoon at the latest.

This is going to need the help of Customer Services, providing Vodafone have the received the information from Carphone they should be able to see the accounts on the system, it may be that Carphone were late on Monday with the details and there was a delay activating the PAC's.

Hi

I spoke to carphone this morning who advised the requests were sent automatically at the start but requests were rejected from vodafone.only because I phoned have these requests apparently been sent again manually.whether anything is actually done now remains to been seen but i will move providers if this is not done very soon 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LSpendlove - I hope your numbers active now! If you still need help then we can look at what’s happening.

Please contact our team through Facebook PM for Vodafone UK, or get in touch via Twitter DM using the handle @VodafoneUK. Please also include a link to this thread, along with your username.

Hi Gemma my sons replying by text and its coming from both temporary number and number i want to keep.i have mentioned this on facebook this afternoon and its being ignored..its been 11 days now..why is he able to text from both numvers clearly porting issues again NOT my error