Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Conned by upgrade date

Trevor07
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Went in to Vodafone today as date of upgrade was 11th February checked costs and came home. Suddenly upgrade date changed to 13th March.

Chatted with 24/7 who advised that as of 1st March upgrade dates have been changed from 75 days to 45 days to end of contract.

Offered me a 20% discount off and a credit back onto my account plus I can call tomorrow and they will arrange upgrade. Feel completely conned by Vodafone. I have 2 personal contracts and 25 business contracts. Seriously looking at changing all to another provider today.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Its true. My early upgrade date has changed from July 27th to August 26th with a contract end date of October 10th. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Trevor07

I've not seen any changes mentioned. 

Your contract should remain with two dates i.e. early upgrade date and contract end date. 

In the official upgrade page it states.

Can i upgrade early ? "Yes. At least 60 days early before your agreement ends if you’re on a Red Bundle, or 30 days early if you’re not. Use the My Vodafone app to see exactly when you can upgrade, or log in to My Vodafone online. You can also go in to your nearest Vodafone store or call us free on 191 from Vodafone mobile."

This link also explains upgrades and Flexi-upgrades > When-and-how-can-I-upgrade-my-Pay-monthly-phone-contract.

I would suggest to call Customer Services on 191 for further clarity on your options. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn

Its true. My early upgrade date has changed from July 27th to August 26th with a contract end date of October 10th. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

Was you sent any communication from Vodafone that this was happening @jeffkinn ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn
Absolutely nothing. I only discovered it by accident yesterday when I linked my account to my Google Home.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

chistery
16: Advanced member

@jeffkinnwrote:
Absolutely nothing. I only discovered it by accident yesterday when I linked my account to my Google Home.

Have you asked how much data you have left this month? I have minus 92GB :Horror_Face:

jeffkinn
I have and that’s fine.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

SimonWilding

Same here, my contract which I took out in November 17 expires 15.11.19 and my upgrade date is now 1.10.19, whereas before it was in late August.

I guess this is tied in with the flexi-upgrade scheme, which I can take advantage of in May 18 which allows an early upgrade for a fee. Hopefully if I decide to upgrade in August 19 as planned the flexi fee will be minimal....

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

rlouise92
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

​Hi

The upgrade date was previously 75 days before the end date, this has now changed from 75 to 45 days early  throughout vodafone so it will effect all customers and this is why your date has changed. Vodafone were the only network to offer upgrades 75 days early and as it is not included in the contract agreement, more as a goodwill so unfortunately they do not have to give notice. [Removed] Hope this helps! :Smiling:

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic content please see Community Guidelines]

jeffkinn

deleted

Jeffkinn_Sig.png