Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Content Filter

me1347
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi There, 

This is really starting to get on my nerves, I have called vodafone four times now to get the content filter turned off, each time they have turned it off and it has been fine, then around a week later is has turned itself back on. Each time in order for it to be turned off, it has to have been escalated to the tech support team. I have not long gotten off the phone to them and it has not turned back off. When I try and verify my age myself within the website or the app it tells me it can't be turned off just now I have tried multiple different cards and different devices. 

Is anyone here able to help please? This is seriously starting to get effing annoying. I don't understand why it seems to be so difficult to get it turned off and keep it off. 

Thanks in advance. 

Regards

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @me1347 I appreciate how frustrating this must be for you! This is an issue we are aware of and I can assure you that our Technical Teams are working hard to get this resolved as quickly as possible! I the meantime, I'd recommend popping our Social Media team a message here, and they can remove the bar for you as needed.

Hi Jack, 

Thanks for getting back to me.

If this is something that the technical team are aware of then why is it still going on,? this has been an issue for me since I first took out my vodafone contract almost now 6 months ago which to be quite frank is ridiculous. More over I am the only person on this account my DoB also shows my age when I take out a contract when a credit search is done why is it enabled by default. 

What is the point in me messaging your social media team?? As I stated above the content filter just re-enables itself last time the content filter was switched off it lasted a couple of hours before it turned itself back on. 

I never had this issue before the last time I had a vodafone contract. I 

Thanks

Mark. 

Hi @me1347  I do apologise for the issues with this, as Jack said our tech team are working on a fix to get this resolved for the future, one thing in the meantime which can work for some customers is just to give the phone a quick restart, especially if the restriction continues to show as removed on your account, we have found that in some cases this fixes the issue without needing to contact us, as this refreshes the phone on the network and can on occasion allow the content to be accessed again.