main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Pay monthly

Content control turned off but still can’t access sites

Highlighted
2: Seeker

This week randomly I have started having issues getting onto some websites due to content control (which I never turned on). 

I have spoken with live chat 7 times and all have assured me the problem is fixed and no content control is on my account. However I am still being redirected to http://online.vodafone.co.uk/en_GB/assets/static/contentcontrol/unbranded/restricted_access.html?cid...

i have checked my phone settings and no restrictions are on and all the sites work perfectly on WiFi. Getting quite annoyed with Vodafone’s complete failure to resolve this. I have spent hours speaking with people to fix this and nothing has worked. 

Someone help!

View more options
37 REPLIES 37
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @Mattybake

May I ask if you have tried in your myvodafone  ?

How-do-I-switch-off-content-control-on-my-mobile-device.

Customer Services on 191 should be able to help if Live Chat have not been able to assist. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Yes in myvodafone content control is off. And so is secure net. 

I’ve also had someone phone me from ‭0808 000 0133‬ who said they’d phone back once I had a text confirming secure net was deactivated. Never got the phone call though. And resetting the phone... again... hasn’t worked. 

I can try 191 but I know they’ll do exactly what livechat and others have tried and think they’ve fixed it when they haven’t. And it always results in a hard reset of the phone so I’ll be cut off from them anyway so they can’t check! 

Why isn’t there a way just to reset the whole account as there is clearly an issue. An issue by the way that I have seen on this forum from early 2017, so there must be a fix!!

View more options
Highlighted
1: Seeker

Same issue here as well. Content bar/restrictions are turned off. I received a txt from Vodafone confirming this, but I still can't access my dirty websites. HELP 

View more options
Highlighted
16: Advanced member

@Mattybake - I’m sorry that you’ve had to contact us so many times and you’re still not accessing the sites you need to.

We can double check your account and take look to see if anything’s hiding on the network directly.

Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

@Daveaka - I’ve also sent you a private message. Please follow the steps from there and we’ll then check what's happening with your content control  bar. 🙂

View more options
Highlighted

It’s finally fixed now. Daveaka - try resetting network settings on your phone. That’s what worked for me. 

The 10 person I spoke to finally suggested this - the Twitter team actually!

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

I just had the same thing happen to me. I've been with vodafone for years. I've had adult access content controls turned off. I didn't even realize I've had securenet turned on for the past year. Then all of a sudden 24 hours ago securenet was blocking everything. Nothing changed on my end but all of a sudden securenet started blocking sites. I'm concerned I've been compromised. 

On Chrome i'd get the securenet block

On safari i'd get connection not private warning. Then I loaded up the details and only thing that looked odd was the issuer of that was allot.com

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. 

View more options
Highlighted

@shap It would seem the Secure Net feature is preventing your access to these sites, have you tried removing the Secure Net from your services using the My Vodafone app? You can access this by going to Products and Services, Manage Extras and then selecting Mobile Data Options.

View more options
Highlighted

Josh yes I did this but here is my question. Secure Net has been ON for one year. Why all of a sudden Wednesday night did it start blocking sites? That is concerning to me. Few options that come to mind

1. Secure Net changed something in the way it blocks

2. Secure net was never working and turned on Wednesday. 

3. I've been compromised and secure net picking up on that. 

I hope it is #1. Why can't vodafone explain what happened? Right now if I trust Vodafone I have no choice but to think my phone is compromised. 

View more options
Highlighted

@shap We're always adding new sites to our Secure Net features database, it could be possible that we've recently added the sites you've been trying to access which would explain why you were able to access them before.

Have you ever received a Secure Net warning prior to Wednesday for any other sites separate to the ones you've tried to access recently? 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Josh. I'm very well versed in the web which is why the warning I received on Wednesday shocked me. I've never received it. I do consulting for a number of the sites that were blocked so if any of them had been in the securenet database at some point I would have seen it. I never once received or saw that message. When i got it I tried at least 30 sites. All 30 blocked. So from one day to the next it went from not a single site being blocked to every single site being blocked. So back to what I said. either secure net was not working at all and changed something or something else happened. Either way it concerns me. Any way we can get some feedback from securenet on this. I mean honestly if securenet made changes and just added every site to their database on wednesday just tell me. I just want to know the truth and want to know if I have to get my phone replace or reset because of a compromise. 

View more options
Highlighted

Whether there's been a large influx of new sites added to the database is something we can enquire about @shap. In the meantime, take a look at this link. It allows you to manage the sites and restrictions that Secure Net uses. If you find that the websites you commonly use have been blocked, you should be able to change this. If you have any problems with this, please do let us know. 

View more options
Highlighted

Actually,  I went to Vodafone store they said i need to call technical support, or maybe they didn't want to help. I am a software engineer from Pakistan and was running a server and this age restriction bar was blocking me every 5 minutes.

i called technical support, First they said it is done, and i need to restart the device later i checked but age-restriction bar was still there, i called them again, and they said they remove the bar, i asked the technical support guy, Have you actually removed the bar or not? and he said yes he has removed it, and i need to wait and restart the device. 

But the bar was still there. 

It actually took me 30 minutes and continues talking to them and finally they were able to remove the bar.

View more options
Highlighted

I'm sorry this has happened @shaaki, we don't want any of our customers to have this experience and we really appreciate your feedback. Rest assured, we'll pass this on internally to our dedicated team, to help improve our customers journey in future! I'm pleased the restriction has now been lifted, we're always here if you need anything else at all 🙂

View more options
Highlighted

Hi, 

I am having the same issues now I have contacted the technical team about 6 or 7 times they keep giving me tips like restarting and resetting the device etc but nothing works and they just say that it is removed but nothing is happening I cannot access any website please help! I recently upgraded before I had no problem with Vodafone its since I upgraded.

Please help thanks 

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

@Seeed512 wrote:

Hi, 

I am having the same issues now I have contacted the technical team about 6 or 7 times they keep giving me tips like restarting and resetting the device etc but nothing works and they just say that it is removed but nothing is happening I cannot access any website please help! I recently upgraded before I had no problem with Vodafone its since I upgraded.

Please help thanks 

Hi @Seeed512 

Please see my reply on this link:https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Adult-content-blocked/m-p/2642126#M54168

View more options
Highlighted

I’m having the same problem here. Have tried toggling the content control on-off and reset my network settings but to no avail. Please help!

View more options
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Hey @froggy82 - we'll be happy to help get your content control sorted for you. 

We'll need to access your account to help get you up and running - please contact our team via Facebook, or get in touch on Twitter. You can find more information on doing this here.

Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks! It has now been resolved :Smiling:

View more options
Highlighted

I’m having the same problem here. I removed Age Restriction Bar, 4 or 5 days ago.

I talked with live chat operator. He/she said "restart your phone".

- tried restart my phone

- tried remove and reinsert sim card

- tried reset all network settings

But, still can't access.

Please help

View more options