main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

Contract Upgrade - Sim not working after transfer

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hello, I upgraded my phone and I asked for my sim to be transfered over to the new Sim sent out with new phone. I received a email  yesterday stating that the Sim swap is now complete but I still have no data and emergency calls only. I've tried online chat and haven't managed to get in contact with anyone all day. Does anyone have any suggestions on what the issue could be? Thanks

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

Hi @ryanconaghan 

Depending on the phone you are using, you can try going into your network carrier settings and turning off automatic, let the phone do a manual roam and reselect automatic.

Other than that it will need account access from Customer Service through online live chat or calling.  If you continue to have problems, I would suggest going into a Vodafone Store and ask them to do a further SIM swap, a store will get this right and have your number transferred to the new SIM within the hour. For security reasons take some photo identity.

View solution in original position

View more options
1 REPLY 1
17: Community Champion

Hi @ryanconaghan 

Depending on the phone you are using, you can try going into your network carrier settings and turning off automatic, let the phone do a manual roam and reselect automatic.

Other than that it will need account access from Customer Service through online live chat or calling.  If you continue to have problems, I would suggest going into a Vodafone Store and ask them to do a further SIM swap, a store will get this right and have your number transferred to the new SIM within the hour. For security reasons take some photo identity.

View solution in original position

View more options