Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Contract Upgrade - Sim not working after transfer

ryanconaghan
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, I upgraded my phone and I asked for my sim to be transfered over to the new Sim sent out with new phone. I received a email  yesterday stating that the Sim swap is now complete but I still have no data and emergency calls only. I've tried online chat and haven't managed to get in contact with anyone all day. Does anyone have any suggestions on what the issue could be? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @ryanconaghan 

Depending on the phone you are using, you can try going into your network carrier settings and turning off automatic, let the phone do a manual roam and reselect automatic.

Other than that it will need account access from Customer Service through online live chat or calling.  If you continue to have problems, I would suggest going into a Vodafone Store and ask them to do a further SIM swap, a store will get this right and have your number transferred to the new SIM within the hour. For security reasons take some photo identity.

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

AnnS

Hi @ryanconaghan 

Depending on the phone you are using, you can try going into your network carrier settings and turning off automatic, let the phone do a manual roam and reselect automatic.

Other than that it will need account access from Customer Service through online live chat or calling.  If you continue to have problems, I would suggest going into a Vodafone Store and ask them to do a further SIM swap, a store will get this right and have your number transferred to the new SIM within the hour. For security reasons take some photo identity.