Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Contract coming to an end Question!

VsUK1981
4: Newbie

I currently pay £45 for my S10E & my sim service, which isn't much as I work from home so I'm 95% of the time on my home wifi. So I have a 5GB data & unlimited text/mins. Now my contract ends on 1st October, so my question is. Will my monthly cost go down to cover just what my sim service is providing or will I still keep being charged £45, even though I've effectively paid off my phone already? Because I remember it being in the news, people still being charged for the cost of their phones, after their contracts expired, despite their phones being paid for already. 

I'm looking to upgrade my sim, but I'm not sure Vodafone is for me, because they won't offer me directly, what I can get from a comparison website offer. So either I'll stay with Vod but doing that via a comparison site, or just take my number to another provider. Anyways, that's not what I wanted to talk about lol. So will I keep being charged the same or will it go down? Because if I'm going to be charged the same, I will cancel 1 day before hand to prevent that happening. 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @VsUK1981 

If your not on one of the new evo plans where the cost you pay is for the tariff and phone separately, then your contract would drop onto a 30 day rolling contract and just continue.

Any original discount that was on the contract as a deal could end.

If a person is on one of the newer evo contracts and the term has been reached and the cost of the phone met then I believe the monthly cost would adjust and you'd continue paying for your tariff costs.

It's best to call 191 and choose the Thinking of Leaving option to get through to Retentions to negotiate a new deal.

If your still happy with your current phone then you could consider going to sim only which could reduce your costs, or consider Payg or Vodafone Voxi.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @VsUK1981 

When you are in the last month of contract Vodafone will send a text to let you know the contract is coming to an end detailing all your options.

As you have paid for the phone the monthly charges should go down.

Well I'm in the last few weeks of my contract, it ends on 1st October & I've had no email, text or call from Vod. My plan says im on Red 5GB Vodafone Together, maybe because I have home broadband with them as well. I will just have to pop into the store & see what they have on offer. Just not willing to take on what they have on their websites, especially when there's far cheaper options out there.

AnnS

Hi @VsUK1981 

That would explain the reason for not receiving the notification text.  To continue to receive the Together discount both services need to remain connected.  This is mentioned here: Vodafone Together under general.

If you are looking for a better deal, stores generally keep to the same as offered online, you may receive a better offer through tele sales.  However, you are already receiving a discount through Vodafone Together.