Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Contract confusion

jwillis
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've been with Vodafone for at least 10 years and I last upgraded in September 2015 and my contract included Spotify premium, a handset trade in discount and NHS employee discount. Around 10 months ago both the discounts were removed and my contract price went up. I was told that the discounts only lasted for 12 months and had expired. My issue with this was that the same principle had not been applied to my husband who continued to get the same discounts to his contract , which was exactly the same. This was resolved after a different discount, broadly similar to what I had before, was reapplied about 4 months later. In June of this year my Spotify premium was removed from my account by accident by Vodafone and when it was reinstated I was asked to agree to pay £9.99 per month. I queried this and  was reassured that I wouldn't actually be charged this amount as the service was part of my contract. I was charged for the service for August and the charge appears in my predicted charges for September. I contacted customer services and was told that my Spotify access had expired as I'm due for an upgrade, but I'd chosen not to upgrade. I have a problem with this for two reasons, I was refused an upgrade only days before as I'm not due one until 25th September 2017 and my premium access should last for the duration of my contract, which ends on 9th December 2017. After checking my facts I contacted another customer service agent to be told that I actually have no contract beyond December 2015 and so the terms of my current agreement are actually unspecified. I  I'm now utterly confused about my contractual status, rights and charges. On one hand I think my contract may have become so confused that the customer service team can't make head nor tail of it, but on the other I think I'm being taken advantage of? Has anyone had similar problems or have any advice on next steps?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I can well understand how confusion has occurred with the situation @jwillis

Things can and will go wrong occasionally which I'm sure we all understand but then it's really then on how it's put right to install confidence back into the product. 

Instead me guessing what may have occurred I think it's more prudent to let the Vodafone Support Team here catch up with your post and I'm sure that they will help you with this situation.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jwillis We'd like to investigate this further for you - I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.